MFT and iTunes Radio or pandora completely sucks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT and iTunes Radio or pandora completely sucks

ARS1

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 XLT Platinum White
I like music and that's one thing I was looking forward to is playing it from my phone and since ford can't seem to step up and give us applink had to settle for what seems like 20th century features. We'll whenever I play iTunes Radio or pandora either over Bluetooth or USB it randomly just stops playing all together or constantly pauses. Hell my wife's phone just says no playable media when she plugs it in so hers doesn't even work at all. We both have ios7 mines a 5s hers is a 5c.

Anyone else have this issue? Starting to think I just should have bought a Kia the way this crap works....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And how do you know it's the MFT causing the issue and not Apple's fault? People are always quick to blame MFT without thinking that integration is a 2-way street between companies.

Like mentioned on previous post. Don't blame MFT right way. I had all kinds of problems with my 4s running on IOS7 and MFT. after buying an iphone 5s it works perfect. Even reads my texts for me, which I never got to work with my 4s. Not very familiar with your specific situation though. I have an ipod classic that stays in the truck with all my music.

And how do you know it's the MFT causing the issue and not Apple's fault? People are always quick to blame MFT without thinking that integration is a 2-way street between companies.

:thumbsup:

I like music and that's one thing I was looking forward to is playing it from my phone and since ford can't seem to step up and give us applink had to settle for what seems like 20th century features. We'll whenever I play iTunes Radio or pandora either over Bluetooth or USB it randomly just stops playing all together or constantly pauses. Hell my wife's phone just says no playable media when she plugs it in so hers doesn't even work at all. We both have ios7 mines a 5s hers is a 5c.

Anyone else have this issue? Starting to think I just should have bought a Kia the way this crap works....

I stream both no issues, plus Sirius, plus TuneIn Radio.

iPhone5 running iOS7.0.4 (iOS7.1 hopefully in March)

Starting to slow on drinking the Apple KoolAid after seeing how cool a friends HTC One worked with MFT.

iPhone 6 in June with iOS8, just wait.

I thought maybe it had something to do with both of us being in the vehicle at the same time. Her phone connected mine through USB. That wasn't the case. And if I connect hers through Bluetooth it does the same random pause and not play that mine does through USB. The phones pair with everything else just fine so most signs point to MFT at this point. I hope it is a phone setting or something but these phones are pretty straight forward. I've tried rebooting them with no sucess.

:thumbdwn:

It's Ford 100%......Yes a Kia and Hyundai are light years ahead of Ford on vehicle electronics. And Ford hires a couple GED's to spew out the company line that "the problem is being worked on", when in reality it isn't now or ever has been.

I thought maybe it had something to do with both of us being in the vehicle at the same time. Her phone connected mine through USB. That wasn't the case. And if I connect hers through Bluetooth it does the same random pause and not play that mine does through USB. The phones pair with everything else just fine so most signs point to MFT at this point. I hope it is a phone setting or something but these phones are pretty straight forward. I've tried rebooting them with no sucess.
Have you tried sending a PM to Rebecca to see if she has any answers for the issue you are having?
If Sgt1411 has no problem doing the same thing then it shows it can work.

Peter

"...or Pandora completely sucks."

Nailed it.

:thumbdwn:

It's Ford 100%......Yes a Kia and Hyundai are light years ahead of Ford on vehicle electronics. And Ford hires a couple GED's to spew out the company line that "the problem is being worked on", when in reality it isn't now or ever has been.
If you are so keen on KIA and Hyundai, why are you driving a new Explorer?:scratch: Seems to me like someone didn't do their homework.

Peter

"Yes!", to all of the above. :)
Apple has a reputation (deserved or not, I don't know) for not always playing nice with others. Ford, as evidenced by complete integration with Apple products from other companies such as Kia, has failed to provide a fully compatible product in MFT. Feel free to loathe both Apple and MFT.

My favorite MFT complaint is the map data "conveniently" filtering all other auto dealerships from the list. I'm not sure if that has changed recently, but it was the case 2 years ago.

Starting to slow on drinking the Apple KoolAid after seeing how cool a friends HTC One worked with MFT.

Dropped Apple for my HTC One. Love it so far. I like both devices and think they are both very good.

For me, the closed system of Apple drove me away. iTunes is a terrible piece of software IMO. I love being able to simply drag and drop any file to my phone now.

I use MFT with an iPad mounted on the dash. I use both pandora and iTunes radio without issue. Sounds like you might have other things disrupting the bluetooth connection. Try turning off wifi on the phone (all phones currently in the vehicle). Over USB you should have zero problems, if you do you may want to kill all apps running on the phone and then restart the phone.

My phone is Jailbroke so I don't have a closed system anymore... I used it tonight without an issue so I don't know what to think. Hopefully it was just a hiccup. Still wish it had applink but I guess we all just have to pretend that doesn't exist yet.

My phone is Jailbroke so I don't have a closed system anymore... I used it tonight without an issue so I don't know what to think. Hopefully it was just a hiccup. Still wish it had applink but I guess we all just have to pretend that doesn't exist yet.

If I have something like mywi or any of the btstack packages installed, this would explain the issues you describe. Have you tried on a phone that is not
Jail broken to test? I have my iPad jail broken but if I load up pdanet it drops audio every 10 seconds over both Bluetooth and USB

If you are sharing data while trying to stream through MFT you'll have problems

Try reverse pairing the iphone. Delete the pairing on MFT and your phone first then follow the directions here: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/reverse-pair-phone-sync-myford-touch

sounds silly but others have reported that this procedure solves BT issues with Iphone

If I have something like mywi or any of the btstack packages installed, this would explain the issues you describe. Have you tried on a phone that is not
Jail broken to test? I have my iPad jail broken but if I load up pdanet it drops audio every 10 seconds over both Bluetooth and USB

If you are sharing data while trying to stream through MFT you'll have problems

My wife's phone isn't jailbroke and it doesn't let us do anything over USB with hers. It just says "No playable media" or something like that. And with hers over Bluetooth it was doing the same thing mine was.

I don't have mywi not sure of the btstack ill have to check. Tonight it worked fine all I did today was update rocketbootstrap and installed AYECON (ios7)

Hmmm, i have a 5s with 7.04 and no problems streaming via BT from

- tunein
- pandora

and a few other streaming apps and i havent had any issues. Actually it works so well that i at times have said i dont care for applink.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My wife's phone isn't jailbroke and it doesn't let us do anything over USB with hers. It just says "No playable media" or something like that. And with hers over Bluetooth it was doing the same thing mine was.

via USB you will only be able to select/play music from MFT in the Music app on the phone. Pandora and iTunes radio would have to be directly controlled from the phone, but the audio will still play through MFT via USB.

You are getting the no playable media message because you have no music sync'd on the phone (and aren't using iTunes match). You can manually open pandora and play to start playing the music.

Back