• Register Today It's free!

MFT and Text Messaging

Bill1234

Reaction score
City, State
Central CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited (Lovin' It!)
Anyone get the text messaging feature to work properly? What about contact photos? If so what phone are you using and what is your Sync version?

I have SYNC 2.7 and a Motorola DEFY. On the previous version (Android 2.1), I was able to pair the phone easily, but only for calls and basic phonebook. MFT gave me a warning that my phone did not support messaging. Now that I updated my phone to Android 2.2.1, MFT does not give me the warning message anymore. However, It tells me that my inbox is empty (and it is not). Then I was driving and a notice popped up telling me I had a text from an "unknown" number (it wasn't, it was a number in my phonebook). This only happened 1 time, I have yet to get another notice (even with a friend sitting next to me texting me so I could show the cool feature). Also, I noticed that photos are not coming thru.

I am just wondering if it is SYNC, the phone, Android OS, or some setup that I missed...

Thanks

You'll probably get a quicker answer by visiting the mobile phone forum on syncmyride.com.

Anyone get the text messaging feature to work properly? What about contact photos? If so what phone are you using and what is your Sync version?
Thanks

Have not heard of it working with Android, or iPhone.. My Samsung Focus (Windows Mobile 7) phone works fine with sms and contact photos. My iphone does not however, iphone's bluetooth stack is severely crippled.

Have not heard of it working with Android, or iPhone.. My Samsung Focus (Windows Mobile 7) phone works fine with sms and contact photos. My iphone does not however, iphone's bluetooth stack is severely crippled.

Windows Phone works...
iPhone doesn't. Who's Name is on Sync?? It's a conspiracy!

Back