MFT displays iPod song info... but no sound | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT displays iPod song info... but no sound

EKY

Reaction score
City, State
Honolulu, HI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'12 LTD 4WD
So one day my iPod stopped playing music. As I usually do....I unplug the iPod..wait a few seconds and plug it back in.

However, this time...it didn't work.

If I'm playing a CD, and switch to my USB (iPod)...I can see the song title/artist on my Multi-Info display on the dash and on the MFT screen for the iPod...however the music playing is the CD!

Then if I click "FWD" to jump to the next song...both screens change the title accordingly...but the system continues to play the CD music.

Or if there's no music playing and I select iPod...the screens again show the proper ipod song title..but there's no sound coming out at all.

Also, my system no longer plays any bluetooth audio.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok..figured it out but left it here in case anyone else experiences this....

I read to do a master reset..and it fixed the problem.

Ok..figured it out but left it here in case anyone else experiences this....

I read to do a master reset..and it fixed the problem.

Hi, EKY!

Just for the record, my recommendation for this is a Master Reset, along with a soft reboot of your iPod. :) Here are the reset instructions in case anyone else needs them:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Have a great day!

Rebecca

Does the Master Reset change or erase any of the settings?

I had to repair my phone and download the phone book again. I haven't checked everything else..I was just happy to have my iPod back.

Hey, RedDog1!

Yes, all SYNC related settings will be wiped and reset to factory defaults. You'll have to re-pair your phone, and if you have NAV, re-enter your favorites. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Rebecca

Back