MFT Entertainment Unavailable / Off Message | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Entertainment Unavailable / Off Message

IM Buddy8

Reaction score
City, State
RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I keep getting the message entertainment unavailable. It will somtimes play sirius or the radio for 5-30 seconds, but most of the time I get that error. All other areas of sync work fine all the time (nav, climate control, etc) but I don't get any radio functions or anything from entertainment to make a sound.

I've pulled the fuse many times to restart sync with no fix happening or any difference noticed. Also left negative battery terminal off a few nights.

What else can I do to fix this? Really stinks not having a radio.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the 5th generation Forums.:wave:
It may be the radio itself or possibly the APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) that is the cause.

Peter

Thanks for your reply Peter! Do you happen to know how I can troubleshoot if it's the radio or the APIM? Where is the actual radio located and how can I test it?

Thanks for your reply Peter! Do you happen to know how I can troubleshoot if it's the radio or the APIM? Where is the actual radio located and how can I test it?
Good question on the radio. Never gave it much thought before. It appears to be part of the CD unit. 2011 ford explorer radio | eBay As for the APIM, it is attached to the back of the radio. MFT Black / Blank Screen
Not sure on the trouble shooting part. You may be able to use Forscan for the APIM but other than reading about it here in several threads, I'm not familiar with all it can be used for. Members have used it to modify many factory settings. I'm not sure if your issue would have generated a fault code or not. You would have to use a code reader and plug it into the OBD port. I've read where sometimes an auto supply store may do that for an owner.
I'm hoping someone with more knowledge will join in and assist.

Peter

Thanks Peter. It seems to be working again but I'm worried soon I'll have no audio again. Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot if it's the APIM or the ACM (audio control module) and where that is located?

If you tell me what each one does that might help me figure out how they work together and which might be the culprit. I don't want to change both that's for sure, they are both very expensive. Thanks so much for your help if anyone else out there can chime in!

Bump, I could really use some help or suggestions on how to troubleshoot what the issue is :)

Many thanks!

I drove my car the previous day, the radio, CD, and USB were all playing when I parked the car. The next morning I started the car and noticed no sound was playing. The CD couldn't eject, my phone is connecting but no sound. I pressed entertainment portion it wasnt coming on rather what I saw was entertainment off. I have tried removing battery head and I also tried Master reset but it remains off. The 3 other portions of the touch screen are working, but the entertainment portion remains off. What can I do?

Welcome to the Forum David.:wave:
I merged your thread with another with a similar issue. However, no solution is posted. It could possibly be that the APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is bad. It is the 'brains' of MFT.

Peter

Back