MFT fails to control radio - with video | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT fails to control radio - with video

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Couldn't get MFT to turn on my radio yesterday.
There are 2 things I noticed that do not seem right in your 2nd video. The first is that after you restarted the vehicle, the MFT screen came up and automatically went to the Entertainment screen without it having to be selected. I'm assuming you didn't change it from the steering wheel controls. My understanding is that it should remain on the Home screen until you select to change it. Secondly, when the Entertainment screen came up, the Climate turned OFF.

Peter

Not that it should affect anything, but is there any difference whether your RAZR is bluetooth connected or not?

Don't know. This was the first time I've seen this particular problem and I always have my phone connected.

Bottom line...its a piece of ****. Welcome the the Explorer experience.
Only some seem to be. Mine has had very minimal issues since I picked up the Ex almost 2 years ago. The only one that has occurred since the last upgrade is that the radio would sometimes be OFF when starting the EX. No big problem. Has happened about 3 times.
The Ex itself has been absolutely great!

Peter

Bottom line...its a piece of ****. Welcome the the Explorer experience.

And thank you for that insightful and valuable comment. It added SO much to this discussion. :rolleyes:

Mizzou - have you downloaded the reboot file? If so, I'd give it a try. Should clear it up. Sometimes it gets a bit glitchy and needs a reset. The reboot file is over at www.outofmytouch.com under the MFT ACTING UP? heading.

The only one that has occurred since the last upgrade is that the radio would sometimes be OFF when starting the EX. No big problem. Has happened about 3 times.

I have this problem all the time!

And thank you for that insightful and valuable comment. It added SO much to this discussion. :rolleyes:

Mizzou - have you downloaded the reboot file? If so, I'd give it a try. Should clear it up. Sometimes it gets a bit glitchy and needs a reset. The reboot file is over at www.outofmytouch.com under the MFT ACTING UP? heading.

I have not tried it. Thanks!

Youre a tool. Who the ##### would download the reboot file? Yeah, download the "reboot file" then stick your thumb up your ass. How bout the manufacturer release a solid update?

Youre a tool. Who the ##### would download the reboot file? Yeah, download the "reboot file" then stick your thumb up your ass. How bout the manufacturer release a solid update?

Sorry - youre not a tool. I am sorry for flaming. Just upset with this product. Should not have taken it out on you. My apologies.

I still dont think anyone should have to reload a boot file. Nonetheless...

Since the latest update, all the time, I will get in the car, and Entertainment is Off. I just ask Mft to turn it on. Because if I press the button on, it will not go on. Occasionally, I will try to change the radio station on the pad, but it will not respond. If I ask Mft to change the radio station, it will respond and change the radio station.

I love this damn car. I feel like a parrot or a paid Ford employee, but I'm not. It has its quirks, but I have figured out my car, and how to manipulate my car, and so be it.

Since the latest update, all the time, I will get in the car, and Entertainment is Off. I just ask Mft to turn it on. Because if I press the button on, it will not go on. Occasionally, I will try to change the radio station on the pad, but it will not respond. If I ask Mft to change the radio station, it will respond and change the radio station.

I love this damn car. I feel like a parrot or a paid Ford employee, but I'm not. It has its quirks, but I have figured out my car, and how to manipulate my car, and so be it.

I have noticed lately that if I try to change the station, it lags by a good 30-45 seconds. Once it reacts, it quickly flips through every preset station I tried. Then, after that, I think it respond normally.

I'm at the dealer now for first oil change and gave them the run down on all the issues I've had with MFT.

This just happened to me Sat.night pulling out of my garage! Just like the vid, I could power the radio on but could not select anything as all buttons were frozen. In the display right of the speedo it indicated 'audio off'. I had to diconnect the battery to fix it. :fire:

ExSyncradio_zps21a13e87.jpg

Sorry - youre not a tool. I am sorry for flaming. Just upset with this product. Should not have taken it out on you. My apologies.

I still dont think anyone should have to reload a boot file. Nonetheless...

No problem - I probably shouldn't have been quite so snarky in my post. I can understand your frustration. I've had cars in the past that didn't perform to expectations and had a poor response from the manufacturer. It is very frustrating.

I agree that we shouldn't need a reboot file. But it is a handy thing to have around. It seems to clear up the MFT gremlins and it sure beats fuse pulling or battery cable disconnecting. :D

I've had all sorts of weird behavior from MFT in the past 2 years. Frustratingly enough, I kind of feel that this latest update actually is LESS stable for me anyway. I've had more random weird behavior like what is described in this post than I had with the last software. The good news is that it clears up after a reboot from the reboot file. Of course, that's until the next glitch.

The reboot file is really nice in that it installs a file that reboots MFT when you shut off the car. It works really slick.

Back