• Register Today It's free!

MFT GMail Contacts as a Phonebook

vbubba47

Reaction score
City, State
Jax. Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
Want to use a separate Contacts list from GMail as the Phone list on our MFT so either my wife or I can have a single combined phone list in the car. I know how to set up a contacts list, but don't know what to name the file extension to sync it to the MFT phone book??? ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Want to use a separate Contacts list from GMail as the Phone list on our MFT so either my wife or I can have a single combined phone list in the car. I know how to set up a contacts list, but don't know what to name the file extension to sync it to the MFT phone book??? ;)
I don't think it can be done. I believe the MFT can only pull contacts from your phone. Rebecca can verify if that is correct or not. You can PM Rebecca (FordIVTteam) using this link if she doesn't reply to your post.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=181992

Peter

For your information, MFT will keep a separate phonebook for each paired phone. So when your phone is connected, you can't view your wife's phonebook & vice versa.

Peter and omar302 are correct, vbubba47; this cannot be done. MFT will only pull the contacts of the phone that's connected. There isn't a way to save a general phonebook for all devices. I don't know for sure if you can sync your gmail contacts; I believe that would be phone-dependent.

Rebecca

For your information, MFT will keep a separate phonebook for each paired phone. So when your phone is connected, you can't view your wife's phonebook & vice versa.

Not necessarily a good thing if your girl friends phone numbers are in your list.

Now That's Funny.....
Don't supposed she'll EVER catch on that my favorite drinking estab is called the Office???

It's an Old Geek thing...
I'm the Geek, my wife, not so much... [:-/
The more I play with it the less it seems like a good idea.
Thanks

Back