MFT - iPod & Bluetooth connecting, but not playing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT - iPod & Bluetooth connecting, but not playing

t-roy rex

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Limite
I just purchased a 2013 Ford Explorer Limited with the navigation package. I'm having a lot of trouble with the entertainment portion of My Ford Touch. Using the USB input for my iPod and the Bluetooth for my phone (HTC Android), the device is connecting and controlling, but I am not getting the audio. If I switch to the USB or Bluetooth as the media source, the screen changes and I am able to skip songs, change tracks, etc., but the audio remains on whatever was last playing (Sirius, FM, etc.).

Everything worked as expected for the first couple of days, but not anymore.

Help!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm gonna go ahead and say this as we are probably all thinking it, but I have no idea what you are trying to say and have no idea what your problem is.

Can you reword it?

Also, when in doubt, reboot the system. go to outofmytouch.com for the software and instructions how to do it.

basically, my ipod and phone will connect to MFT. I can change tracks, search for songs, etc., and I can see it change on the device. However, the audio continues to be Sirius or FM (whichever was playing before changing to the USB or bluetooth input source).

Devices connect and control, but I don't get the sound from them.

How do I reboot?

basically, my ipod and phone will connect to MFT. I can change tracks, search for songs, etc., and I can see it change on the device. However, the audio continues to be Sirius or FM (whichever was playing before changing to the USB or bluetooth input source).

How do I reboot?

Follow link in above post and read instructions.

How do I reboot?

Hi, t-roy rex!

You can also perform a Master Reset:

MENU (Gears) > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

If you do this, you will have to pair your phone again. Keep us posted!

Rebecca

How do I reboot?

Which iPod are you using? I'm using an iPOD classic. When I hook it up via USB, I don't see anything on the device except for the Ford logo. All the controls are done on the MFT screen. Before you start using voice commands to search for songs, artists, etc, Sync needs to index your device and build the voice commands. When you hook up your iPOD via USB, it should automatically start playing your iPOD. There have been a few times mine hasn't played. All I had to do was unhook the iPOD from the USB cable and hook it back in.

When you say the audio continues to be Sirius or FM, is that what you were listening too the last time you were in your vehicle? I am trying to understand what exactly is going on. Are you selecting your device from the MFT screen when you plug it in?

This happens with my iPhone 4S. I'll get in the car, switch to Bluetooth audio; the screen changes, but whatever audio source I was using previously will keep playing. SOMETIMES, I just don't get ANY audio.

Usually, if I switch back to Sirius or the radio, then back to Bluetooth audio, it'll start working.

FYI, this is new since the major update.

This happens with my iPhone 4S. I'll get in the car, switch to Bluetooth audio; the screen changes, but whatever audio source I was using previously will keep playing. SOMETIMES, I just don't get ANY audio.

Usually, if I switch back to Sirius or the radio, then back to Bluetooth audio, it'll start working.

I have an iPhone 4s as well, so I will see if I can replicate the same issue you are having. I've used the iPhone various times to listen to apps such as TuneIn Radio, and I didn't have any issues with nothing playing after I switched to the bluetooth audio source.

I was playing around with my iPhone after work and I didn't have any issues. I was switching back and forth between FM, Sirius, iPod, and my iPhone on bluetooth. Every time the audio would change immediately to the source I selected. Have you tried a master reset yet? If not, you should try that and pair your iPhone again. If that doesn't work, you might have to make a trip to the dealership.

I have a iPhone 4s and and I have trouble getting the right screen to come up. And when I do. When going from the AM FM Sirius screen to the iPhone USB screen you got to be super fast to select the IPhone or it goes back to the AM FM Sirius screen. I mean like you have a split second it usually takes several tries.

I'm gonna go ahead and say this as we are probably all thinking it, but I have no idea what you are trying to say and have no idea what your problem is.

Can you reword it?

Also, when in doubt, reboot the system. go to outofmytouch.com for the software and instructions how to do it.
Went to outofmytouch and I wasn't able to find the software or instructions to reboot. Can you point me in the right area?

I've only recently starting using my iphone 4s to play music in the truck via bluetooth. Previously, I had kept an old ipod in the entertainment compartment and used the USB connection.

Recently, I selected bluetooth on the entertainment quadrant and now the screen if fixed on an image of a song I played a week ago. I can still play music via the bluetooth, but I actually have to control everything from the iphone 4s itself, not the MFT screen, which is still showing the image from a week ago. Any suggestions of how to correct this? Screen is frozen, but you can select the options on the right, such as sound, etc.

I've only recently starting using my iphone 4s to play music in the truck via bluetooth. Previously, I had kept an old ipod in the entertainment compartment and used the USB connection.

Recently, I selected bluetooth on the entertainment quadrant and now the screen if fixed on an image of a song I played a week ago. I can still play music via the bluetooth, but I actually have to control everything from the iphone 4s itself, not the MFT screen, which is still showing the image from a week ago. Any suggestions of how to correct this? Screen is frozen, but you can select the options on the right, such as sound, etc.

Were you able to get your concern resolved, ercole? If not, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Rebecca

This is likely a result of upgrading to iOS 6, the AVRCP profile just stopped working. Ford is not the only one affected by this.

Back