MFT - MyFord Touch Sync2 First Poblem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT - MyFord Touch Sync2 First Poblem

PJFW8

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Ecoboost
Hate to report this. I had the upgrade and A 3 SD card installed Friday. Seemed to work flawlessly. Later that day when starting up, MFT selected the I-pod and turned it on. The radio had been on Sirius and was turned off. On a 2nd occasion the car started and an FM station came on. Again, the radio was on sirius and off before I shut off the car. (I don't listen to FM) It is much better than version 2.11, but this is troubling! UPDATE As suggested, I turned off auto-play for the usb port and auto phonebook upload. Since then on one occasion the phone screen stayed on over the Ford logo on shut-off. System start up is slow intermittently. (But much faster than 2.11) Intermittently, the car does not look for a phone on start up. THIS IS NOT GOOD

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Everyone else has reported flawless so far. I hope the dealer installed it properly. What type of I pod do you have. Some of the I Pods cause problems. If this "problem" persists try unplugging the IPod from the system. Let us know if that corrects the problem.

Hate to report this. I had the upgrade and A 3 SD card installed Friday. Seemed to work flawlessly. Later that day when starting up, MFT selected the I-pod and turned it on. The radio had been on Sirius and was turned off. On a 2nd occasion the car started and an FM station came on. Again, the radio was on sirius and off before I shut off the car. (I don't listen to FM) It is much better than version 2.11, but this is troubling!
The standard seems to be to switch to a new source found on the USB connector upon start up. It is a PITA when you just want to plug in to the USB to charge a phone.

And when my v2.11 gets confused at startup when a phone call is already in progress, it defaults to FM. Seems like the same behavior with v3.

The standard seems to be to switch to a new source found on the USB connector upon start up. It is a PITA when you just want to plug in to the USB to charge a phone.

And when my v2.11 gets confused at startup when a phone call is already in progress, it defaults to FM. Seems like the same behavior with v3.

My I-pod is an old 60g. It worked perfectly in my '08 and '11 Edges (until I installed 2.08). When my Ex was using 2.11, I had daily failures, but rarely that one.

Microsoft Operating Systems in the past have had problems when starting the computer with peripherals pluged into the USB ports. I had this problem several times on my computer, it tries to boot off the device attached to the USB port (it sees it as a boot HD).

This has been a non issue for me lately on my computers so perhaps it was fixed in one of the updates a while back. Maybe now they have to look at it with this device? I would just unplug it before you start up until bug is fixed...but I am sure you figured that out already! :D

Similar to what decamp mentioned above... You may want to double check the MFT settings. I remember seeing someplace a setting for an 'auto play' when a new device is connected. The iPod could be sending a signal at startup making the Explorer think it's a newly connected device and then switching to it. Turn this option off (if you have not already) and see if it continues to work the same way.

Similar to what decamp mentioned above... You may want to double check the MFT settings. I remember seeing someplace a setting for an 'auto play' when a new device is connected. The iPod could be sending a signal at startup making the Explorer think it's a newly connected device and then switching to it. Turn this option off (if you have not already) and see if it continues to work the same way.

Thanks for the tip. It did stop that problem. I edited my original posting adding new problems!

Hate to report this. I had the upgrade and A 3 SD card installed Friday. Seemed to work flawlessly. Later that day when starting up, MFT selected the I-pod and turned it on. The radio had been on Sirius and was turned off. On a 2nd occasion the car started and an FM station came on. Again, the radio was on sirius and off before I shut off the car. (I don't listen to FM) It is much better than version 2.11, but this is troubling! UPDATE As suggested, I turned off auto-play for the usb port and auto phonebook upload. Since then on one occasion the phone screen stayed on over the Ford logo on shut-off. System start up is slow intermittently. (But much faster than 2.11) Intermittently, the car does not look for a phone on start up. THIS IS NOT GOOD

Do a master reset with the system and pair your phone again. Sorry to hear yours isn't working right. Mine is working extremely well. THIS IS GOOD>

Do a master reset with the system and pair your phone again. Sorry to hear yours isn't working right. Mine is working extremely well. THIS IS GOOD>

Did a master reset! Good idea. Paired phones etc. So far so good. And..thanks for the suggestion! I will report further problems, if any.

After initial upgrade to the new performance upgrade, my system was a bit laggy and weird acting. I did a fuse pull just to reboot everything. Since then, not a single problem with the new performance upgrade other than not knowing the voice commands. I never learned them before because it never worked.

Hope that's the last fuse pull I ever need to do.

I would suggest that after the upgrade is done, the first thing anyone should do is a master reset. I've had zero issues w/ the system, pairing, radio, etc since doing so.

Having said that, I mentioned in another thread that Ford has stuck with flash lite, and I expect there still to be memory leaks and processor problems with the new MFT regardless of how much they say they've got it right this time. Since they are just "suspending" the system now when the car is turned off there theoretically are no reboots to clear the memory periodically, this to me seems like a huge problem given the nature of flash lite. I guess time will tell though. I've been using it since Friday afternoon with no noticeable issues as of yet.

Glad to see everyone was able to help you, PJFW8!

I would suggest that after the upgrade is done, the first thing anyone should do is a master reset. I've had zero issues w/ the system, pairing, radio, etc since doing so.

I agree, w1kedz! Doing a Master Reset after an update/upgrade can't hurt :)

Rebecca

Master Reset Worked!

Glad to see everyone was able to help you, PJFW8!

I agree, w1kedz! Doing a Master Reset after an update/upgrade can't hurt :)

Rebecca

When I did the master reset, the phone was out or the area and off. I removed my I-pod. After the reset I removed sync from the phone and repaired. I turned auto-play off for the usb port and auto download off for the phone. All is well so far! Thanks to w1kzed. UPDATE After 3 days...no problems. Thanks to all!

Did a master reset! Good idea. Paired phones etc. So far so good. And..thanks for the suggestion! I will report further problems, if any.

Last Friday (3/9/12)the dealer installed my sync2 upgrade. Within a few hours I got the failures I reported earlier in this thread. On 3/11/12 I did a master reset. All was in order. Today (3/16/12) I turned the car on and got a black screen, no back up camera, etc. Got the "system maintenance" screen after a 30 second or so wait. Everything worked fine immediately thereafter. This is very distressing. My '08 Edge and '10 Fusion Hybrid had few problems. My '11 Edge with MFT was a regular visitor to the dealer. It was so bad that I took a loss and traded it on an Explorer. I like the Ex, but this is troubling. DO NOT RUSH TO UPGRADE!

Last Friday (3/9/12)the dealer installed my sync2 upgrade. Within a few hours I got the failures I reported earlier in this thread. On 3/11/12 I did a master reset. All was in order. Today (3/16/12) I turned the car on and got a black screen, no back up camera, etc. Got the "system maintenance" screen after a 30 second or so wait. Everything worked fine immediately thereafter. This is very distressing. My '08 Edge and '10 Fusion Hybrid had few problems. My '11 Edge with MFT was a regular visitor to the dealer. It was so bad that I took a loss and traded it on an Explorer. I like the Ex, but this is troubling. DO NOT RUSH TO UPGRADE!

Wait....you had an '11 Edge with so many MFT problems that you traded it for an Explorer with the same MFT system? Or did the Edge have other issues non-MFT related?

Wait....you had an '11 Edge with so many MFT problems that you traded it for an Explorer with the same MFT system? Or did the Edge have other issues non-MFT related?

The Edge had a low frequency boom which Ford could not correct. It drove me nuts. The sales manager bought my Edge personally. He can't hear the boom. Re: sync, I trusted Ford to fix it. Hope I'm right.

Back