MFT Questions ... so far ... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Questions ... so far ...

calb

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 AWD Explorer Limited
1) Is there an "Occupancy Mode"? See it in the manual, but not on the screen?
2) Is the calendar syncable with a phone/gmail or other online calendar, to put actual events on it?
3) Any way to send the standard text messages (line items) other than slowing down to < 5mph?
4) I'm often ending up with a "Call end" (don't know correct term) when a phone call terminates, in the centre of the MFT screen, and it seems to sit there even when I hit the hang-up button on the steering wheel? Anything to deal with that, short of reaching over and hitting the screen to cancel the call?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1) Is there an "Occupancy Mode"? See it in the manual, but not on the screen?
2) Is the calendar syncable with a phone/gmail or other online calendar, to put actual events on it?
3) Any way to send the standard text messages (line items) other than slowing down to < 5mph?
4) I'm often ending up with a "Call end" (don't know correct term) when a phone call terminates, in the centre of the MFT screen, and it seems to sit there even when I hit the hang-up button on the steering wheel? Anything to deal with that, short of reaching over and hitting the screen to cancel the call?

1) Never heard of it. Will have to research.
2) The calendar is just that. All you can do is look at it!
3) Don't believe so. Maybe by voice?
4) Push the OK button to end call instead of phone button.

"Is there an "Occupancy Mode"? See it in the manual, but not on the screen?"

Where in the manual did you see it?

"Is there an "Occupancy Mode"? See it in the manual, but not on the screen?"

Where in the manual did you see it?

It was all over the manual (did a search of pdf), but at no point did they describe it. I originally found it under the Menu items, where it describes settings including speed adjusted volume

It is under the sound settings in the manual, which leads me to believe it is the feature that tunes the DSP mode for driver only/front seats/whole car. I had it in my 04 Lincoln LS. I usually left it to the whole car. It is probably a Lincoln only feature, which would explain the "if equipped" in the manual.

Weird -didn't see it -may have to check again.

On another note, I have an 8Gb Sandisk USB blade drive. Nice and thin, just deleted the Sandisk encryption software and put my music on. When I start the car however, it comes up with a message saying USB drive is not supported -while it's playing music off the drive :)

Press OK and message goes away. Is this a common message others with USB drives already in, get when first starting car?

New Question

After you call a number, how do you tell Sync to dial an extension, if you go through to an auto attendant?

Can't you program in a pause to the phone number, then dial more numbers? That's what I do for the Toyo.

Can't you program in a pause to the phone number, then dial more numbers? That's what I do for the Toyo.

I probably could if it was always the same extension and that is what I'll experiment with next for a few key numbers.

But it would be nice to be able to dial the people I wanted to talk to rather than putting a whole office into the phone book. I suspect there are heavier business users who would want this more than myself, so I thought it must be there somewhere?

Unless you are dialing numbers with extensions all the time why not just punch the extension in on the MFT screen? Doesn't seem all that inconvenient to me.

Unless you are dialing numbers with extensions all the time why not just punch the extension in on the MFT screen? Doesn't seem all that inconvenient to me.

That is what I thought I'd do too, tried that, but it didn't work?

Back