• Register Today It's free!

MFT reset

2012explorer

Reaction score
City, State
pittsburgh, pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 explorer xlt
Just wanted to report out on my first MFT reboot/reset via fuse 29 pull due to black screen of death. Hopefully it'll be fine for a while. By the way, car is 2012, driven off the lot 8 days ago, with about 700 miles on it now. Oh and getting to the fuse was fun too. Figured I should just leave the two panels off for the next fuse pull.

Happy New Year everyone!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MFT screen black-out happened to my 2012 explorer too. That was when our car is a week old. The screen was black for few minutes, i tried to stop/start the engine, but still the same until i left the car parked. When we got back inside the car, i started the engine and luckily the screen display appeared again. I really don't know what happened that time.

I had my first black screen early this week. 2012 EX with 2000 miles. I stopped & started the car 3 times before the screen came back.

My 2012 did it for the first time this week, I started up at home and had nothing, stopped at Starbucks on my way to work and when I got back in and started driving, the system rebooted.

Where is the fuse, is it in the main fuse holder under the hood ? Based on my experience with Sync, this fuse and I are going to become very friendly with each other :)

I found a post with pictures as to the location of the mysterious fuse. Wow, what a mission. Here is the link to Woolaroc post

Back