MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

The first Owner's Manual to reference HD radio is the 2013. No mention of it in the 2011 - 2012 Manuals.

Peter

My 2012 Limited definitely has HD Radio and tunes into HD radio stations.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2012 Limited definitely has HD Radio and tunes into HD radio stations.

Apparently, presense of HD radio depends on the market. It was on US market since day one and it was not on Canadian market.

I see you are from US.

The first Owner's Manual to reference HD radio is the 2013. No mention of it in the 2011 - 2012 Manuals.

Peter

I can confirm that I have HD Radio, and that it tunes to HD Radio stations, on my 2011 Explorer.

Peter

It was in the MFT/MLT supplement for the 2012 model year.

Didn't check the supplement, just the Owner's Guide.

Peter

Yep, just checked my MFT/MLT Supplement guide - HD radio is mentioned there...
So, where is the truth?

BTW, regarding Sirius Travel Link.
I sat recently in friend's F-150, he upgraded to MFT 3.8 (by USB stick) and his Travel Link has not disappeared. It doesn't make any sense to me!

I'm going to share with you guys my last experiment regarding HD radio, though only Canadians might be interested. Both my cars Explorer and Focus built in 2011, Focus has HD radio from the factory, Explorer hasn't.
What I did was pretty simple - I swapped ACM units, it took me about 30 mins max. What I found is that Focus's ACM unit has HD radio logo on its case and Explorer's ACM doesn't have any HD logo (which is pretty understandable).
I plugged Focus's ACM into Explorer and realized that HD radio is working even without any modifications made to APIM, the only thing I'm missing is HD logo on both main and entertainment screen. I can switch between digital channels, but cannot see any HD logo on touch screen. And there is no TAG button as well, which is not that of big deal.
Moreover, since both IPC screens have different firmware than APIM I have HD logo on my right IPC screen when in entertainment mode.

to forum administrators: if it is wrong thread to post this, please move or we could create separate thread for that...

Correct HD will still work its just the APIM doesn't "see" it. I played with that once. Can you select the different sub channels on the same freq? If I recall you can't? I tested it with the MFT and with a 4.2" screen which I know you can receive the HD just doesn't indicate it and can't select other channels on the same freq. Too much to try to remember.

Slightly behind the curve but I finally got around to trying this upgrade today.

Got a "Bad Installation File" error message. Tried again with a new download, new memory stick, and got the same error.

Very grateful for any suggestions!

Thanks for the quick response, Rebecca - sent you a PM with screenshot etc to avoid cluttering this thread.

Cheers!

Peter

jmr is correct. 2011 and 2012 did have HD radio. Only the Limited models in 2011 - 2012 had HD radio. I'm not sure what they did for 2013 - 2015 that was different.

Thanks for the quick response, Rebecca - sent you a PM with screenshot etc to avoid cluttering this thread.

Cheers!

You're welcome! I just responded. :)

Rebecca

jmr is correct. 2011 and 2012 did have HD radio. Only the Limited models in 2011 - 2012 had HD radio. I'm not sure what they did for 2013 - 2015 that was different.
They could well have had HD radio. I'm just pointing out that the first Owner's Manual to mention it was the 2013.

Peter

OK it worked. Turns out my mac had unzipped the files in a slightly strange way. Thanks Rebecca for pointing me in the right direction :)

OK it worked. Turns out my mac had unzipped the files in a slightly strange way. Thanks Rebecca for pointing me in the right direction :)

:thumbsup: You're welcome!

Rebecca

Correct HD will still work its just the APIM doesn't "see" it. I played with that once. Can you select the different sub channels on the same freq? If I recall you can't? I tested it with the MFT and with a 4.2" screen which I know you can receive the HD just doesn't indicate it and can't select other channels on the same freq. Too much to try to remember.

That is the MAIN point that I CAN navigate thru different sub channels with no problems!
So, if one with '11 Exp from Canada wants HD radio it is only a matter of finding the right ACM and swapping it!

Does anyone know if doing this on a mac would cause issues. When I download the update I get a whole bunch of files. Some are still zipped. When I place all the loose files on my usb drive and insert into the car I get an error. Should I just have the .lst file as well as several folders.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on my macbook, I download the file and then unzip onto the desktop. Once it's unzipped, I move it onto the USB drive. I don't open up anything else. I grab that whole thing and move it as is after unzipping. The sync system recognizes it and updates.

Back