• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update - Jumpdrive

jcerrion

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
Has anyone received their jump drive yet for the new MFT rebuild?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nope, I may be mistaken but I thought it was "early 2012" no?

Define "early". To Ford that could mean anything.

Happy Friday, everyone!

We haven't sent them out yet and I don't have a date for when they will be sent. However, I'll be sure to let you all know once I do.

Have a great weekend!

Rebecca

Subscribed.

I am looking forward to this update, my first month with Sync has not gone well, hopefully the update gets rid of the bugs :popcorn:

I have not had a single issue with the system until last week when I got the black screen, it came back on once I restarted the vehicle. Up to that point it had 12k miles of trouble free use. The email I received about the update seemed to center on mostly appearance / cosmetic changes , let's hope they did more than merely change the cosmetics of the system with this new update.

Hi... I would love to see a UI upgrade. The UI does not seem very well thought out. Also the Nav should be able to pull addresses from our phonelist. Anyone know what the new update entails ? I've had mine totally freeze up. Even turning off the X would not turn it off.

i'm going on record as being pessimistic on this 'update'... espcially since there's been no mention of improvements with regards to mp3 playback.

Don't get to excited yet, I have read on FB that it could be June before we see our update in the mail.

Don't get to excited yet, I have read on FB that it could be June before we see our update in the mail.

I think they would be stupid to jump their "First Quarter" promise date. Besides aren't they releasing new cars in the first quarter that contain the update?

What exactly is your issue w/ mp3 playback? I've experienced no problems in this area (on 2.4, or 2.11)

mp3 playback is terrible on MFT. I had a 2008 Kenwood DNX8120 in my 2005 ex. That headunit blows today's MFT out of the water! Playlist browsing was instant and smart. MFT has long load times for playlists due to voice indexing. The browsing is clumsy. Paging down long playlists is laggy. Furthermore, when you choose a song in a playlist that has hundreds of tracks, and then want to go back to said playlist and listen to a track that's in the same list, you have to begin browsing from scratch. I've read all the hoopla about this fantastic new overhaul of MFT and have YET to see any mention of these issues being resolved. It can be assumed whoever claims to not have no issues with mp3 playback is because MFT may be their first exposure to mp3 playback in their vehicles and hence have no basis for comparison to an efficient mp3 playback system. I feel like Ford is banking on the overall complancency of these users and thus decided not to emphasize on mp3 playback, which is very disheartening. That sir, is exactly my issue w/ mp3 playback!

I had the same Kenwood in my Mountaineer. Man, that system was awesome.

im glad someone knows what i mean regarding smooth, quick mp3 playback. There are too many 'newbs' on here raving about a severely flawed system. You could not imagine the disappointment I felt when I pulled out of the dealership in my brand new Explorer, plugged in my ipod, and had saw that MFT had to play 'catch up' w/ my button touches. None of the ford reps on here have addressed these real issues.

I think they would be stupid to jump their "First Quarter" promise date. Besides aren't they releasing new cars in the first quarter that contain the update?
Yes, in March.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back