MFT update--missing NAV | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT update--missing NAV

briteboy

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT+Nav,MFT
Hello Nation..

got the notice for MFT update. Did it, then realized that it exempted Ex's with NAV. Ford site said we would get a new SD card in the mail. That was about a month ago.

Anybody with NAV seen a new card in the mail?

Thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello Nation..

got the notice for MFT update. Did it, then realized that it exempted Ex's with NAV. Ford site said we would get a new SD card in the mail. That was about a month ago.

Anybody with NAV seen a new card in the mail?

Thanx

Hi, briteboy!

You'll have to go to your dealer for a new SD card. I suggest calling them in advance so they can order one if needed.

Rebecca

Now the fingers are pointing at each other.

Rebecca says I need to contact dealer for the latest NAV card, even though the Ford website says it is being sent to me in the mail.

So ok, I call the dealer. He says I have the new NAV card, and yet the update was done all the way back in March.

Seems to me the left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing...

Which update are you talking about? I'm assuming 3.2.2
3.0.2 was in March.
3.2.2 just happened within last couple months.

Latest SD card is A3. It came with March update.

Now the fingers are pointing at each other.

Rebecca says I need to contact dealer for the latest NAV card, even though the Ford website says it is being sent to me in the mail.

So ok, I call the dealer. He says I have the new NAV card, and yet the update was done all the way back in March.

Seems to me the left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing...

Your nav card should say A3 on it, if it doesn't the dealer needs to give you a new one (free of charge)

I have the A3 card but got it in March. The 3.2.2 (just a few weeks old) update says there is a new upgrade for NAV as well as the MFT basic system upgrade now to 3.2.2 (which I have). Better maps, better voice recognition, blah, blah, blah.

So silly me...I think I should get a new SD card with the new Nav upgrade on it.

In fact the 3.2.2 upgrade instructions SPECIFICALLY say do not use the upgrade available online, but rather look for the SD card in the mail if you have Nav.

Now, I'm no genius..but I know how to read. The "engineer" at Ford that wrote the instructions for the update?? Well..I guess the saying is true..."You can't fix stupid".

If someone at Ford would take a nano-second and think, they would post on the sync my ride site an "English" version of the updates. Tell me the SD card should be A3, tell me what each of the files do, or at least a summary of what they're supposed to do. It would probably cut in half the calls to dealers service depts and frustrated posts on boards like this one.

I've just wasted about 3 hours of my time going back and forth between the forum board advice, the dealer and being transferred 4 times in 3 different depts to someone who "knew" (but really didnt have a clue) the answer to my Nav update, and back to the forum board where the members are FAR better informed than the dealers...

Are we having fun yet?

I've just wasted about 3 hours of my time going back and forth between the forum board advice, the dealer and being transferred 4 times in 3 different depts to someone who "knew" (but really didnt have a clue) the answer to my Nav update, and back to the forum board where the members are FAR better informed than the dealers...

Are we having fun yet?

The instructions about faster, better maps, and waiting for the update in the mail are the 3.0.2 instructions, not the 3.2.2 (though they may have just kept the same instructions across the versions). 3.2.2 was just a minor update to add back the temp to the main screen, and a few "fixes" (and a few new bugs as well).

You are correct in that you will likely get more informed answers here though. Most of us have dealt w/ the larger MFT problems and have work arounds or suggested fixes.

I have the A3 card but got it in March. The 3.2.2 (just a few weeks old) update says there is a new upgrade for NAV as well as the MFT basic system upgrade now to 3.2.2 (which I have). Better maps, better voice recognition, blah, blah, blah.

So silly me...I think I should get a new SD card with the new Nav upgrade on it.

In fact the 3.2.2 upgrade instructions SPECIFICALLY say do not use the upgrade available online, but rather look for the SD card in the mail if you have Nav.

Sounds like your reading about 3.0.2 the March update.
I assume your getting this from syncmyride.com.
What version is the web site saying you have installed? Some dealers don't take the time to confirm installs resulting in much confusion for everyone involved. How about posting a screen shot for us to see.

Now, I'm no genius..but I know how to read. The "engineer" at Ford that wrote the instructions for the update?? Well..I guess the saying is true..."You can't fix stupid".

If someone at Ford would take a nano-second and think, they would post on the sync my ride site an "English" version of the updates. Tell me the SD card should be A3, tell me what each of the files do, or at least a summary of what they're supposed to do. It would probably cut in half the calls to dealers service depts and frustrated posts on boards like this one.

Are we having fun yet?

A3 is the latest map update. What you are describing is wording for v3.0.2 - Performance Upgrade, which is why I told you you had to visit your dealer for the new NAV card. Sorry for the confusion, briteboy!

Rebecca

Back