MFT Update on Syncmyride | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update on Syncmyride

Hidef

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
It looks like the update may be on Syncmyride for some. Mine shows I will have to print out a form and have the update done by a dealer. It looks like we my be able to download the update for my wife's Edge, but you have to answer a series of questions. I'm sure one will be does it have Nav.

Anyone else have the message to print a form?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm the same way. This is due to + Navi.

It looks like the update my be on Syncmyride for some. Mine shows I will have to print out a form and have the update done by a dealer. It looks like we my be able to download the update for my wife's Edge, but you have to answer a series of questions. I'm sure one will be does it have Nav.

Anyone else have the message to print a form?
You can download the update if you do not have Navigation. It will ask and if you reply YES to navigation, it will tell you to wait for your mailed package.
To get the download, I believe you have to click on Customize and Update in your syncmyride account or something similar.
It is discussed in the thread; 2011+ In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Sync, MFT

Peter

You can download the update if you do not have Navigation. It will ask and if you reply YES to navigation, it will tell you to wait for your mailed package.
To get the download, I believe you have to click on Customize and Update or something similar.
It is discussed in the thread; 2011+ In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Sync, MFT

Peter

Mine actually shows to print a form and make an appointment with a dealer. It is different on the page from my wife's Edge and both have Nav.

Mine actually shows to print a form and make an appointment with a dealer. It is different on the page from my wife's Edge and both have Nav.
I saw that as well but others have succesfully downloaded it. Go to the thread I mentioned above and see if anyone can guide you throught it. I'm in no rush and will wait for the mailman to deliver it.

Peter

Yes, I have the invite to the dealer as well. However, when I was at the dealer today they said to wait for it to come in the mail. They don't have the new update yet. Must be because we are in Canakistan. I'll just wait it out. Good things are worth waiting for. I have no problems with mine anyway. I was impressed by Hanniblal Hectors video.http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348780

Super fast now. Cool....:thumbsup::salute::D

If you are willing to deal without your navi until the SD card arrives, I highly recommend downloading the update from SyncMyRide and proceeding with the install. I just completed mine (minus the navi) and I must say, I am floored with the exceptional performance of the MFT now! Ford has nailed it...

I have navi on my iPhone and iPad so no big deal waiting for the SD card. The corrected system performance is well worth the navi not working for a bit...

If you are willing to deal without your navi until the SD card arrives, I highly recommend downloading the update from SyncMyRide and proceeding with the install. I just completed mine (minus the navi) and I must say, I am floored with the exceptional performance of the MFT now! Ford has nailed it...

I have navi on my iPhone and iPad so no big deal waiting for the SD card. The corrected system performance is well worth the navi not working for a bit...

I went on there and it won't give the option to download. When I tried it sent me this message.

81456034.jpg

I think that's one of the old OS engineers.

I am so happy that everyone is pleased. Now we can get on with having some fun. A pillars fixed rain noise fixed MY FORD TOUCH FIXED

Bravo FORD.

in-ford-we-trust_design.png
...... Most of the time.

when i log on i get this message:
"For your 2011 Ford Explorer
This SYNC update requires a visit to your authorized local dealership. Please print the Request for SYNC Update form and then make a service appointment. Be sure to bring the printed form with you to your dealership. A dealer service fee may apply."

i do not have navigation, i have version 2.8.
i hope this is wrong. up until this morning, i was able to download 2.11, now this, no questionaire, no download, nothing.

This SYNC update requires a visit to your authorized local dealership. Please print the Request for SYNC Update form and then make a service appointment. Be sure to bring the printed form with you to your dealership. A dealer service fee may apply."

i hope this is wrong. up until this morning, i was able to download 2.11, now this, no questionaire, no download, nothing.

Everyone with a 2011 seems to be having the same issue. 2012s can do the download fine... Don't know why. :(

I have version 2.11 that was installed several months ago by the dealer. I also have Nav. I would like to know why some of us are not able to do the self install. When the dealer upgraded mine to 2.11 I had to take it back twice to get all of the software loaded. The first time they didn't load sync services and another piece of the software.

I have a 2011 WITH NAV.....all you have to do is select the option that says NO to Nav and download now.....

syncdownload.jpg

I have a 2011 WITH NAV.....all you have to do is select the option that says NO to Nav and download now.....

I'm at 23%. Hehehehehehe. I'll wait for the Nav card to show up in the mail. Probably just redo the upgrade when the stick gets here. Not going anywhere til next weekend. And even then I won't need my Nav. I can't wait. Hheheeheehehe.

SyncMyRide says I have to wait for the SD.....

I have nav. All it says on the Nav error is " Install valid SD card" That would be the A3 Maps. Just did the update. Hehe. Everything is working amazingly. I mean amazingly. There is no lag or delay at all. Believe me. The wait is well worth it. I couldn't get over how fast this is. Touch the screen and bam. Voice recognition is instantaneous. There is no indexing of USB's. Flip between screens and go back to the screen you were at before. Absolutely amazing. Yipeeeeee. Ford has really knocked one out of the ball park. Well done.

Dealer offered the upgrade, when I was there today, like Peter, I'm in no hurry! Mail will be here soon enough

The 12's probably already have the new maps. Maybe that's why they can download. 11's more than likely need the new A3 Maps. Just a thought.

I do not have NAV, i still cannot download. States a dealer install is required on my 2011. They did get rid of the "dealer service fees may apply" line though, when i last checked.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 12's probably already have the new maps. Maybe that's why they can download. 11's more than likely need the new A3 Maps. Just a thought.

Nope, we all need the new maps. Def strange why 2011`s are getting that message.

Back