MFT Update received...well... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update received...well...

ExploreThis2012

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited
My partner and I own a small software development company. We have 16 employees, so everyone is painfully aware of the MFT issues when we both bought 2012 Explorers as we had a good year. The comments never seem to end, "Hey, you found the office, must not have driven the Explorer today" and on and on.

Imagine my delight when the mail arrived today and my admin said you got something from Ford. Here it was in a nice bubble packed envelope with the Ford logo return address. Inside a Ford branded USB jump drive and a nice letter with complete instructions, of course with the Ford logo.

Detailed instructions explained how to upgrade the operating system complete with an 800# to call with any questions.

Instructions further said to drive ten miles one way, stop, wait five minutes and return to the point of starting the upgrade in order to calibrate the new GPS. Hey, customers can wait, this is important. Instructions further stated that the MFT system will appear normal during the upgrade.

Well to make a long story short, all in fun at my expense. Ha Ha, joke is on me. Oh, but revenge can be sweet!

The USB drive, well a photo of the staff laughing and a MP3 of , Frank Sinatra singing "My Way"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DOH! :banghead:

That's a good one for sure. You have some resourceful people at your shop.

Ok, that's comedy gold... :D

May the black screen of death rise up and surround you. Of course, your engine will over heat and Mft will lead you the wrong way. All on the way to work of course.
Thanks for my laugh of the day. :)

Very good! :D

I started doing a happy dance THEN read you comment about the joke. What group of pranksters! Thanks for the laugh

software dev co huh? you guys should be working on a side project. A custom version of MFT so that we are not subjected to the inferior product that Ford/Microsoft offers us =(

Yeah, nothing like a great $45,000 joke.

Back