MFT Update | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Rebecca

Just an update on the recently identified heated steering wheel icon issue after v3.2.2 update.

The bug is still there.

Ignition cycle ON the Heated Steering Wheel icon shows ON (no user activation) but wheel is not heated.

Upon user touch of the icon the wheel heats.

Only way to clear it is Master Reset but then it returns after a few ignition cycles.

Please pass on.

Will do! Thanks for the update. :)

Rebecca, took the rig in last night, today they called and said the APIM (Sync computer) is toast. They are blaming me for removing my thumbdrive when it was obviously locked up after more than an hour. However, it is under warranty and no charge, but really? My fault? They also are not sure when the part will come in because it isn't ordered through the normal Ford parts network???

Jeff

Since I'm not a technician, I cannot diagnose the issue; I don't think removing the flash drive, while your screen is already black for a long period of time, would be the cause.

Rebecca

I have a 2012 Explorer Limited. I have not been able to use the Bluetooth microphone since I purchased the car (December, 2011) because the audio quality, while driving, is just horrible for the person trying to listen to me. They complain of "water" and "wind tunnel" noises.

Has anyone who has experienced this issue ever had it resolved...either with hardware or software? Does the MFT update to 3.2 do anything?

Nobody has complained about mine - I have a 2013

Have you added SyncMyRide.com to your Trusted Sites list, and which browser are you using?

Yes, added as a Trusted site, turned security settings to low on that setting and using IE 8 (in subject of my original post ;) ) The popup to install ford.cab appears then.......

I have a 2012 Explorer Limited. I have not been able to use the Bluetooth microphone since I purchased the car (December, 2011) because the audio quality, while driving, is just horrible for the person trying to listen to me. They complain of "water" and "wind tunnel" noises.

Has anyone who has experienced this issue ever had it resolved...either with hardware or software? Does the MFT update to 3.2 do anything?

Im not sure if the BT microphone issue was addressed in 3.2.2 but there was something in one of the last few updates. It's an issue the IVT team is aware of.

By chance is your Ex one of the ones that needs the TSB for tin roof sound above the windshield. The TSB requires the dealer to spray sound deadening foam above the windshield in the open space directly above the microphone.

Check the TSB list above on this forum.

By chance is your Ex one of the ones that needs the TSB for tin roof sound above the windshield. The TSB requires the dealer to spray sound deadening foam above the windshield in the open space directly above the microphone.

Check the TSB list above on this forum.

I'll check that out, Sgt. Thanks. I know I received a notice for the cooling fan TSB. So, I guess I can have the dealer handle a few issues at one visit.

My update was successful. Just had to pair my iPhone and change back some settings.

Hi Rebecca,
I have a motorola Atrix. It worked great with the MFT before. Since the upgrade the messaging doesn't work anymore. Everything else works. Phonebook, pics etc...

Well, I paired my phone to the wifes 2012 F150 and text messages worked. Sooooo it's not a phone issue. The new upgrade pooched up my perfect phone compatibility. Hope they fix it. Pisses me off.

Anyone having problems getting their Samsung Galaxy S3 to read text messages with the new update? It doesn't seem to be working for me.

Anyone having problems getting their Samsung Galaxy S3 to read text messages with the new update? It doesn't seem to be working for me.

Hey, KanewtZ!

Have you tried a Master Reset and reboot of your phone? That has been known to help. Here are the instructions for the Master Reset:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Rebecca

Hey, KanewtZ!

Have you tried a Master Reset and reboot of your phone? That has been known to help. Here are the instructions for the Master Reset:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Rebecca

I tried that. Didn't work.

I tried that. Didn't work.

Check out this thread:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360079&highlight=samsung+galaxy

Others are saying it's working for them. Have you tried Reverse Pairing your phone to MFT? If not, here are those instructions:

Go into your Bluetooth Settings on your phone and make sure Discoverable mode is set to always or ON.
Touch ADD A PHONE.
Touch FIND OTHER DEVICES.
When your phone shows up on the MFT screen, select it.
Type in the Pass-key of 0000 and touch ENTER.
Your phone will now ask you to enter in a Pass-key, type in 0000 and the equivalent of OK.
Both devices should now connect to each other.

Rebecca

Anyone else get this message when trying to install update?

20120921_091345_zps3a256adf.jpg

Yes I had the update installed at my dealership and had the same error message pop up after 40 minutes or so...but everything seems to be working so far and the temp is on the main screen. The service advisor had no idea why the error message popped up or what it meant... How is yours working now?

Do this new upgrade still have the main menu quadrant?????

Check out this thread:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360079&highlight=samsung+galaxy

Others are saying it's working for them. Have you tried Reverse Pairing your phone to MFT? If not, here are those instructions:

Go into your Bluetooth Settings on your phone and make sure Discoverable mode is set to always or ON.
Touch ADD A PHONE.
Your phone will now ask you to enter in a Pass-key, type in 0000 and the equivalent of OK.

Rebecca

Nope. Reverse pairing didn't work. I tried it twice. What did work was doing a factory reset on my phone. Just remember to back up your contacts and any other info you may want prior to doing it. Or you'll lose all that stuff off your phone. LOL....... At least my messaging works again. That's factory reset your phone.

Check out this thread:

Touch ADD A PHONE.

Rebecca

Rebecca,
I have also done the reverse pairing and master reset. I am now able to connect my phone to MFT via USB cable without getting this device is not supported (Verizon Galaxy SIII) however I am still unable to get text messaging to work. When i first SYNC i get the MAP request on my phone and confirm that I want to allow it, however the messaging list stays empty. When I send a message it says it was successful however noone receives the message and when I try to update the message list it says select device but nothing is there. Any more ideas? Others have had the S3 work so I am assuming there is a MFT issue? Is there an advanced setting where I need to enable MAP through SYNC? I see other forums says to enable it, I however have not found this setting. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

(2013 Ford Explorer, MFT w/ Nav)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rebecca,
I have also done the reverse pairing and master reset. I am now able to connect my phone to MFT via USB cable without getting this device is not supported (Verizon Galaxy SIII) however I am still unable to get text messaging to work. When i first SYNC i get the MAP request on my phone and confirm that I want to allow it, however the messaging list stays empty. When I send a message it says it was successful however noone receives the message and when I try to update the message list it says select device but nothing is there. Any more ideas? Others have had the S3 work so I am assuming there is a MFT issue? Is there an advanced setting where I need to enable MAP through SYNC? I see other forums says to enable it, I however have not found this setting. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

(2013 Ford Explorer, MFT w/ Nav)

[/I]

I also had this issue with my S3. Tried MFT Master Reset, Restart Phone, Deleted Paring Sync. Also waS going to upgrade MFT and Phone version but i decided to make a final test and deleted all my messages from the phone and it worked again.

Seems like a hanging bug if MFT detects messages that have not been synced before.

Good Luck.

Back