mft v3.5.1 dst? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mft v3.5.1 dst?

Not sure which version of Sync you are running...

There is no DST on/off. There is an "Auto Time Zone Update" On/Off, which I believe has nothing to do with DST. It does nothing when I push it except remove the current time zone (Eastern/Central, etc.) in the settings display. Time does not change.

Cheers.

Yeah, I just looked. I believe there used to be an option to synch the clock with GPS permanently. Right now its just an update button. Strange that your clock is losing time, I checked mine just now and its right on.

Perhaps you should have your battery checked to make sure its charged adequately. I know some members have reported charging problems.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish it was push a button every 6 months. Hell if that was the only problem I had I would not have had to seek out this forum. My Ex has been in shop 8 times since Oct for MyFord Touch issues. This product was poorly designed, poorly implemented and now poorly supported. I can only go into my dealer between 9am and 11am because that is the only time they have someone who can spell MyFord Touch. I asked a "manager" at Ford Customer Service to help me find a dealer in Houston (4th largest city in the US) who had someone who understood the system and after promising to get back to me she never did.

The very fact that we have the forum is an indication of a huge failure. I would challenge you to find a forum for other car manufacturers where users are using a community in the place of the dealers and the manufacturer.

Then to hear the official Ford answer of "It is working exactly as we designed it" pushed me right over the edge. My $25 bedside clock that somehow syncs with some Atomic clock on a mountain in Colorado. It figured out DST before I even woke up Sunday morning and so did my iPad, Android Phone, laptop, DirecTV box and nearly everything else in my house, and this included my 8 year old Acura. The only clocks I had to set were my microwave and my Ex.

The trouble is not pushing a button. The problem is that Ford sells this thing as the smartest and most advanced vehicle system on the planet. They tout the integration and the advanced technology. In truth Ford designed this system to have a clock that is no smarter than my microwave oven we have a much bigger problem and are paying far to much for it. That is not even the worst part. The worst part is that when faced with this minor insignificant but annoying problem do they say "that is a great point, we ought to look into that. I will send a note to the product team"? No, they say "it is working perfectly and we designed it to be wrong for the majority of our customers."

I am sorry but it really gives me little to no hope that I will ever get around the endless bluetooth skipping problems, the random reboots I still get at least weekly of the fact that playing through USB or even connecting to my phone is hit and miss. Maybe it is working exactly as they expect and it was designed that way.

The dirty secret that is not often told is that MyFord Touch was a flawed implementation from the beginning. I work closely with Microsoft on multi-million dollar agreements on the corporate IT side and just to be funny I told one of our reps how my Microsoft car was rebooting all the time. He got real serious and said he would have someone call me. A day later I get a call from a Microsoft Product Manager who explained to me how Ford went out on their own an contracted with a company BSquare to build MyFord Touch on top of the MS Sync technology. The project was such a failure after the 11 EXs were released that Ford went back to Microsoft hat in hand and asked for help. Microsoft took over MyFord Touch last year and has been trying to fix it. If you need proof of this take a look at the 10-Q from BSquare: http://www.gurufocus.com/news/197473/bsquare-corp-reports-operating-results-10q . Maybe Microsoft can fix it, maybe they can't but the bottom line is the whole thing is a mess and I while I love many things about the Ex and think it is a great car, I regret the day I let them sell me MyFord Touch.

I understand your frustrations, but a forum isn't necessarily an indication of a huge failure. If you look at the number of vehicles sold, the complaints on forums is low. You don't see hundreds of thousands of people complaining.

Having said that, I'm quite familiar with the history of MFT. Bottom line, the use of Flash Lite is probably one of the biggest factors causing all the problems with MFT. I have no idea why Ford/Microsoft would develop MFT using Flash. I did read that the next generation of MFT is possibly being developed using Silverlight. Lets hope that's the case.

WOW.... sorry it is such a bother for some...

Not to get personal here but someones panties are REALLY wedged up there :)

You do realize with our economy going down the toilet, our taxes through the roof, our country about to become Greece, that setting the clocks ahead is not very high up on the priority list ?!?

One question, do all your clocks reset automatically ?
My $1000 Tag Heuer does not, but I'm not going postal screaming about it on the tag forum :)

take a breath and enjoy your day...

I understand your frustrations, but a forum isn't necessarily an indication of a huge failure. If you look at the number of vehicles sold, the complaints on forums is low. You don't see hundreds of thousands of people complaining.

Having said that, I'm quite familiar with the history of MFT. Bottom line, the use of Flash Lite is probably one of the biggest factors causing all the problems with MFT. I have no idea why Ford/Microsoft would develop MFT using Flash. I did read that the next generation of MFT is possibly being developed using Silverlight. Lets hope that's the case.
I totally agree with your opening statement. I spent a few years on a Toyota Forum and it was much like this one, albeit without as many complaints. If you check around, you will likely find a forum for most vehicles out there.
As for MFT, I, like many others on this forum, have had little to no problems with it.

Peter

On the way back from Florida 04-13-13, the date sounds like bad Karma, I crossed a time zone and the clock did not change. I waited and waited just to see. To no avail, the clock never figured it out. Oh no, another MFT failure. Gee it was tough, it took all of three touches, one to tools, one to set the hour and one to go back to the entertainment mode. I may not have a lot of faith in Ford anymore, and their MFT, but I think I can live with this "big" inconveince. Ya, Ya, I know, I'm giving in, softing my stance on the Explorers faults but complaining about something like this is rather silly. best regards plum

I'm not a programmer, but hearing that the next version of MFT is being developed in Silverlight doesn't exactly fill me with optimism! Everything I've read indicates Silverlight is another technology that's dying fast.

I can say this about MFT, though:

It's killing Ford's reliability ratings with J.D. Power, and I can personally say that not one of the company cars in my organization that's equipped with MFT works reliably for those driving those cars. In fact, not one of the folks driving those cars wants another Ford...and it's all because of MFT. Having seen the lack of progress Ford's made over the years improving this technology leads me to only one conclusion: Ford's executive management team doesn't think it's important enough to fix.

I have a 2015 XLT, so you'd think I have the latest version. My clock also loses time. This is the second time I noticed this. The first week I had it I assumed the dealer set the time to his watch and, therefore it was slow. However, this weekend in listening to the radio and they say "it's 11:10 eastern time," so I glance at the clock and my MFT says 11:04. Hmmmm, strange. I click "sync clock to GPS" and it goes to 10:10!

I've never owned or operated a vehicle that didn't need to be manually changed for the two yearly time changes, so that doesn't bother me, but the fact that it's losing between 5-6 minutes does. There's really no reason for that. I see this thread is basically from 2 years ago and they haven't fixed it yet?

Yes, you're right. I'm disappointed that there has not been any updates in two years. The functionality is still not up to par, especially the factory nav, but they act like they've done enough just to get it to not crash every 3 days.

Back