• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

1995E

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
Has anyone tried the I'm hot or I'm cold command yet? I wonder if they actually added it in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
I also noticed I have a magnifying glass on my rear camera. Clicking it zooms in on the tow hitch.
There was always a 'zoom' button. Are you saying that they have changed the name of it.

I wish the update was there for me to download so I can actually see what everyone is referring to. I'll check the site again tomorrow.

Peter

cnsheets

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explemoner
The outside temp displaying is now an option in the settings menu.

That has been an option since they brought the temp display back in 3.5.1

ieee_raider

Reaction score
City, State
Paris, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
As mentioned, the options screen around backup camera changed a little bit.
The temp shows up for both driver and passenger in bottom right (even if not in dual mode)
I hadn't noticed this before, but might not be different but when you pull up climate screen, in the bottom right next to "rear" button, it'll tell you if the Rear climate is on without clicking on it.
When you connect phone for the first time, it'll ask about 911 assist and about phonebook download on one screen that I'm pretty sure I haven't seen before.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
The outside temp displaying is now an option in the settings menu.

They removed the option for the rear camera to not have the lines curve when backing up while turning. I don't care for the curved lines and find them annoying.
The curved lines were part of the Park Assist system. I don't know why they would remove them I found them very useful even for manual parking.

Peter

ajbtv

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ltd & XLT
There was always a 'zoom' button. Are you saying that they have changed the name of it.

I wish the update was there for me to download so I can actually see what everyone is referring to. I'll check the site again tomorrow.

Peter
Hmmm... If the magnifying glass was always there, it wasn't turned on by default on my 2014 Limited. I don't remember seeing any options for the zoom in the setting either before the update.

ajbtv

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ltd & XLT
When you connect phone for the first time, it'll ask about 911 assist and about phonebook download on one screen that I'm pretty sure I haven't seen before.
This one is very helpful. When connecting my phones for the first time it seemed like it just kept asking question after question. Now it asks all the questions on one screen.

VandyCWG

Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Just got the update installed in my '13 Limited.

Sorry for the not so great pictures, as I took them at midnight with my iPad.

A couple of surprises right off.
On the home screen, the artist and title show up, instead of the station name

And the backup camera now has "zones" with colors for danger.

1995E

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
The screen transitions are much faster this time around. Finally some efficient programming! I notice faster responses for every button. No more laggy delay. Maybe this is because the car was really warm due to the long idle and no phone was Synced to it after the update. I'll have to test it out tomorrow with a phone paired and my iPod connected for how responsive it'll be.

I installed on both my Explorer and Fusion with one download of the Gen 3.6.2. Pretty easy. Took me like 10 - 20 minutes each update. Navigation seems to be more responsive. However, my Sirius Travel Link for fuel information and stuff has not been working lately and the update did not fix that for my Fusion.

No I'm hot or I'm cold command though. I was pretty disappointed. However, I discovered hotter or colder worked after saying climate. I'm going to see if it'll work without saying climate.

All in all, I see nothing new except slight changes but at least the screens transition a LOT smoother. So far at least. Props to Ford and the IVT team.

Sgt1411

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer SPORT
I dont see much of a change in the User Interface.

Im hoping the changes are in the operating system.

Lets hope we have better Bluetooth connectivity with iOS7 devices.

Was there ever any release notes posted?

My Travel Link isnt working either, fuel prices has been spinning for months.

Riley

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 XLT 4WD
The curved lines were part of the Park Assist system. I don't know why they would remove them I found them very useful even for manual parking.

Peter
They didn't remove them, just the option to remove them is gone. Before the options were "active + fixed" or "fixed". Now there is an Enhanced Park Aids option with only on and off which does nothing to the curved lines.

The curved lines also appear on vehicles with BLIS, not just Active Park Assist.

Bryceb

Reaction score
City, State
Acworth, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited AWD
They didn't remove them, just the option to remove them is gone. Before the options were "active + fixed" or "fixed". Now there is an Enhanced Park Aids option with only on and off which does nothing to the curved lines.

The curved lines also appear on vehicles with BLIS, not just Active Park Assist.
Can someone snap a picture of the curved lines? my 2013 with BLIS but not active park assist has always only shown straight lines. I just want to see what I'm looking for and maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

Thanks for the info Riley. I guess I misread your post. It was after all past my bedtime. I read that the default for the lines is now 'ON'.
I tried again this morning to get the new update but I'm still being told that my 3.5.1 is the latest and greatest available.

Peter

harlenm

Reaction score
City, State
Shelton, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited(lemon swap)

1995E

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
My Travel Link isnt working either, fuel prices has been spinning for months.
Same here. I took it to the dealer today just for that recent. My fusion that is.

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer
My snyc my ride password doesn't work now.
Are you using the correct username, AZwoodman? If you'd like, I can check to see what's going on. Send me your VIN and username in a private message.

Is this update a dealer install ? I have a 2011 and have never been able to access my car information. Should be under extended warranty?
Yes, snowbird, your dealership can perform the update for you. :)

At one time syncmyride did not default to support.ford.com. All updates were downloaded from www.syncmyride.com. I believe that there was a post by IVT rep that mentioned the change.
In any case, for now it keeps telling me that I have the latest version (3.5.1) and there is nothing to download.

Peter
I responded to your PM, Peter. I'll let you know what I find out.

Rebecca

Mikepaul

Reaction score
City, State
Saskatchewan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Since installing 3.6 the navigation by voice commands is quicker and the cursor on the screen is dead accurate. I love it!

Kirby Baker

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)
I'll be interested to see if this fixes my NAV. My build date was later than 1-31-13 from that TSB that came out. And my vehicle never tracks correctly on maps, if I didn't have a windshield to look out of, I'd swear I am always driving in corn fields and lakes!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Can someone snap a picture of the curved lines? my 2013 with BLIS but not active park assist has always only shown straight lines. I just want to see what I'm looking for and maybe I'm misunderstanding something.
Sigh, another trip to the garage.:D
Here ya go. Keep in mind this is with V3.5.1

Peter

Attachments

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

StunnedMonkey

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Wayne, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I don't know if it is just a coincidence, but my backup camera no longer works following the update. Just goes to a black screen with the message "Backup camera not working. Please contact your dealer."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 157
K MFT(Sync2) to Sync3 V3.4 Upgrade Minor Issue 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 5
G MFT Sync 2 to Sync 3 Screen Stays On While Car is OFF 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 8
deewan MFT trouble dialing using iOS 13 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 2
E Sync 2 with MFT failing. How can I cost effectivly upgrade to Sync 3? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
J Similar compatible alternative to MFT? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 1
D Gremlins in MFT 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
J Sync 2 MFT APIM Replacement / Repair 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 1
D MFT update trouble and help needed 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 1
D Anyone use the Waze app with their MFT 3.8 or 3.10? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 12
I MFT Entertainment Unavailable / Off Message 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 7
O Restarting MFT using "Seek >> + Power" (also for Sync 3) 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
E 2015 MFT 8" No NAV - Upgrade ideas to get Android Auto 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 6
I Sync 2 w/ MFT - iOS11 iPhone Compatibility 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 15
9 2012 MFT w/ Nav - Stuck on v2.11 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 5
Jon M This is new...Sync/MFT issue 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 6
J Upgrading to 8" Sync MFT on 2016 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 5
Jon M MFT/SYNC/Nav issues 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
S MFT with Speedcams, how ? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
B Samsung S8 Plus and MFT 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 4
Daheim111 A "how to" to not have problems with MFT ? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 7
2 MFT Update V3.10 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 150
S 2013 Limited MFT forgot second key 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
S 2016 SONY MFT - weird behavior 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 7
M Cannot update MFT 2.11 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 26
A Downgrading from (8" MFT with Nav) to (4.2" non-MFT) 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 50
T USB Drive Application Error/MFT Crash 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 8
T MFT Screen touch points unusable 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 9
L Clever MFT feature 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 4
B MFT 3.8 IOS 9.3 sync drops connection mid call 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
Sgt1411 MFT v3.8 and iOS10 Issues 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 65
D MFT for South America - spanish (not Spanish Spain) 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 5
M iPhone 6 SE and MFT 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
Z MFT Slow when iPhone paired 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 1
M MFT update question around versions 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 2
B Want to upgrade from 4.2 to MFT 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 11
C MFT in german 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 6
fyrfyter612 MFT problem...anyone else? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
P Nav stopped working after MFT update 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 23
F MFT automatically switching to phone Yellow menu 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 2
1 MFT 3.8 bug and downgrade to 3.7.11 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 36
G Buying a 2012 Explorer - Nervous about MFT Issues (please advise) 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 7
N Responding to Text Messages via MFT 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 1
S SYNC MFT - Interesting USB Input Discovery 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 2
S SYNC MFT - Browsing Music vs Files 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 2
T MFT Performing Scheduled Maintenance Again... 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
blwnsmoke Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 199
S Sync MFT Browse Memory for USB 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
J 2016 Explorer with MFT - Add Climate Control to Instrument Cluster 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 25
J MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 330