MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Took 2 installations to get mine done. First one reported a corrupt file on the USB device. 2nd attempt worked, or appears to have worked. didn't test the backup camera yet. It blew away my phone connection and phone book though, so had to re-sync all the contacts and re-enable 911 assist.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MFT-1.jpg

In your climate section, what is that middle button? Never seen that before...

Can someone snap a picture of the curved lines? my 2013 with BLIS but not active park assist has always only shown straight lines. I just want to see what I'm looking for and maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Not sure about the limited but I don't think the 2013 Sport has the curved lines even with BLIS. At least mine doesn't on 3.5.1

Not sure about the limited but I don't think the 2013 Sport has the curved lines even with BLIS. At least mine doesn't on 3.5.1

My Limited does have the curved lines. Will check this afternoon if its still there with 3.6

The curved lines also appear on vehicles with BLIS, not just Active Park Assist.

I have BLIS and I do not have curved lines. They are only available with Active Park Assist (which has the steering sensors for parallel parking)

I have BLIS and I do not have curved lines. They are only available with Active Park Assist (which has the steering sensors for parallel parking)

Thanks.. same for me. BLIS but not Active Park Assist
this is what I see.. the straight lines and blocks.
20130805_130939_zps5b330776.jpg

and these are my options for camera
20130805_130944_zpsd78d8745.jpg

Downloading

I have been trying to download the update from Ford and it has been over an hour and am still at only 38%. Anybody else having this problem?

Thanks.. same for me. BLIS but not Active Park Assist
this is what I see.. the straight lines and blocks.
20130805_130939_zps5b330776.jpg

As others (PeterK9) have mentioned, the belief is that the curved lines are available for those models with active park assist. Those models with active park assist have a steering angle sensor that detects the position of the steering wheel, which is needed to park your car, but which also allows the system to determine the curvature of the lines.

I'm not sure how true this is, as I've heard stories from others w/out park assist that have the curved lines (or think they do), but it sorta makes sense from a technical point of view.

For the record, I have the curved lines, and I also do have the active park assist.

As others (PeterK9) have mentioned, the belief is that the curved lines are available for those models with active park assist. Those models with active park assist have a steering angle sensor that detects the position of the steering wheel, which is needed to park your car, but which also allows the system to determine the curvature of the lines.

I'm not sure how true this is, as I've heard stories from others w/out park assist that have the curved lines (or think they do), but it sorta makes sense from a technical point of view.

For the record, I have the curved lines, and I also do have the active park assist.

I drive a '13 Sport at work and it has the curved lines as does another one I've been in. Both with BLIS and no Park Assist.

The Wifi Keyboard problem is still present for me, but in a different form. Whereas before the number pad was grayed out, along with some of the keys, I now cannot enter anything after the 10th character on a password.

I drive a '13 Sport at work and it has the curved lines as does another one I've been in. Both with BLIS and no Park Assist.

I find this really hard to believe. Take a picture of the inside where the tow/auto P switches are, and then of the screen showing the curved lines. I've never seen any Explorer w/ curved lines that didn't have Active Park

I asked this question last year, and Cory answered, the active guides are definitely with the active park assist feature.. see the below post

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2895281&postcount=11

"w1kedz,

The active guide lines are only available with the active park assist. This is partly because with the extra sensors installed (needed for park assist) it also detects to the side and can verify the area is clear of obstructions in the intended path of travel.

Cory"

For a picture of what the active guidelines look like for reference, see this thread:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361650&page=2

as submitted by VinceL (3rd post down) - although his look a bit different than mine IRC (his are white and mine IRC are translucent green, yellow and red)

-J
I already posted a picture in this thread (post 39). I believe the one Vince posted was pre 3.5.1 and mine was post 3.5.1 was installed. You can see the differences in the screens. Not sure what it looks like with the 3.6.2 update.

Peter

SYNC Website

I just tried again to check on my update availability and see that the site is down. Perhaps they took it down just for me so that they can add the update link for my use. :D

Peter

I just tried again to check on my update availability and see that the site is down. Perhaps they took it down just for me so that they can add the update link for my use. :D

Peter

I just downloaded and installed the new update without issue. Hopefully the update cures my navigation issues.
Try refreshing your browser when you go to the site. It took me a couple of tries.

took 7 minutes to download the file, off to the explorer to install it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back