Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Callsign
PRINCE51
Not sure if many others are running iOS10 Beta with their MFT or SYNC3 but I thought I would start a thread so IVT reps on the forum can be updated with the latest info.

I have had a bug where upon entering the vehicle and starting it up the MFT system connects to the iPhone 6s through Bluetooth as normal and then on its own starts to call the Voicemail number for my phone. The "CALL END" buttons on both steering wheel through the DIC and the "END" button on the MFT screen both do not stop the call.

The iPhone 6s shows absolutely nothing, no calls being made while the MFT system is showing a call is being made and the radio is muted.

After several fresh pairing attempts and a hard reboot of the iPhone 6s the bug stopped for now.

Just an FYI for others to see if they are experiencing similar behaviour.

I have sent in trouble ticket to Apple Public Beta Feedback.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've not experienced this with SYNC 3. Haven't connected in my vehicles with MFT since updating to iOS 10.

Good info anybody have beta 3 and do you still have the same problems?

I just got update for iOS10 Beta 2 today is Beta 3 out already?

I just got beta 2 don't see 3 available. IPhone 5 SE.

Oh I'm on the 6S plus not sure about the 5

Hey folks....just thought i'd add my 2 cents....running IOS 9.3.2 on my 6s
Dialed voicemail on MFT and nothing would end the call except for a hard start of phone...only happened once though

'15 Escape Titanium 18K mi

Hey folks....just thought i'd add my 2 cents....running IOS 9.3.2 on my 6s
Dialed voicemail on MFT and nothing would end the call except for a hard start of phone...only happened once though

'15 Escape Titanium 18K mi

Interesting that you're getting that bug on the older iOS 9.3.2, I didn't see it there only with iOS 10 Beta 1

I have had that problem for a little while on my 2016 sport on iPhone 6+, ios 9.3.2...had to re-pair the connection & hard reset the phone. Problem resolved for now!

New bug with iOS10/MFT

When connected to MFT through BT and that same phone is used to access Google App using cellular data the MFT screen shows MFT initiating a cell call and then terminates on its own after a few seconds.

Each time the Google search App is initiated it starts a random phone call in MFT.

Hard reboot does not correct it.

Trouble ticket sent in to Apple Beta Team.

While using Ford's Remote Access App on iPhone running this Beta iOS10 I'm getting a pop up saying the App is not optimized for 64bit encryption making it incompatible with iOS10. Lets hope theres an update.

Seems to still work though.

While using Ford's Remote Access App on iPhone running this Beta iOS10 I'm getting a pop up saying the App is not optimized for 64bit encryption making it incompatible with iOS10. Lets hope theres an update.

Seems to still work though.
Sorry to go off topic a bit but what is this remote access APP and will it work on my 2014 Ex Sport?
Oop's found out what it is and it will not work on my Ex.

Sorry to go off topic a bit but what is this remote access APP and will it work on my 2014 Ex Sport?
Oop's found out what it is and it will not work on my Ex.

It will if you buy the Remote Access Kit.

I would recommend the DroneMobile over this system if you're considering it.

It will if you buy the Remote Access Kit.

I would recommend the DroneMobile over this system if you're considering it.
The DroneMobile is a ODB type of plug in device. I already have a WiFi hotspot device plugged in to my ODB so maybe remote access kit is the way to go.
I'm going to do a little research but do I need to have remote access kit installed at dealer or can I do it?

More iOS 10 problems. When connected with BT every time I get an email my radio cuts out to make the chime from my phone come out on the sync connection. Anybody notice this problem?

More iOS 10 problems. When connected with BT every time I get an email my radio cuts out to make the chime from my phone come out on the sync connection. Anybody notice this problem?

I've not seen this. My phone is always connect via BT and I've been using iOS 10 beta for several weeks and iOS 10.0.1 for at least a week. I don't use Apple Mail, or whatever it's called I use Outlook and Xfinity Connect for email.

I've not seen this. My phone is always connect via BT and I've been using iOS 10 beta for several weeks and iOS 10.0.1 for at least a week. I don't use Apple Mail, or whatever it's called I use Outlook and Xfinity Connect for email.
Maybe it is a Apple Mail thing. What model phone?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Upgraded my iOS to 10.0.1 in the last couple of days, everything seems to be working fine.

TB

Back