• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

MFT Wallpapers

smithj33

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer XLT
Thank you to gullwingdmc at focusfanatics.com for the PSD file. I customized it a bit for the Ex. The colors are a bit off in this screenshot and I lowered Drive/Pass down another 2 pixels. Enjoy! Link

photo-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

boltsfan17

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited 4WD
Thanks Dutchman, I'll give it a try, looks great, seen any other sites?

I've been resizing a lot of wallpapers in Photoshop the last few days I've found from various websites. I'll upload them soon to my photo site so others can use them as well.

deewan

Reaction score
City, State
Cedar Rapids, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Thanks for the links.

I was just thinking the other day and wondered if Ford would ever develop and release themes for MFT. Something like the themes for Windows (gray, blue, high contrast, round buttons instead of rectangular). smithj33's is getting close to that.

clackout

Reaction score
City, State
Keller, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer XLT
Do you guys know the best size,aspect,format info for these wallpapers?
Thanks

VinceL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
This is from the 2013 User Manual:

Photo Display Limitations

Only the photograph(s) which meet the following conditions are
displayed:
• Compatible file formats are as follows: .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp
• Each file must be 1.5 MB or less.
• Recommended dimensions: 800 x 378

Photographs with extremely large dimensions (i.e., 2048 x 1536) may not
be compatible and appear as a blank (black) image on the display.

RonJrSVCMGR

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Gilford, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Ford Explorer Limited
MFT Wallpaper for "Stormtrooper"?

http://crispme.com/25-hq-storm-trooper-wallpapers . I like the one at the top as an MFT wallpaper. At the right size, would it work on the MFT screen? I am also thinking "Storm Trooper" as two words, not "Stormtrooper" as one word. Might as well have some fun with it! Like the one with just the helmet, too. Teeth area looks like the lower front bumper center....

boltsfan17

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
http://crispme.com/25-hq-storm-trooper-wallpapers . I like the one at the top as an MFT wallpaper. At the right size, would it work on the MFT screen? I am also thinking "Storm Trooper" as two words, not "Stormtrooper" as one word. Might as well have some fun with it! Like the one with just the helmet, too. Teeth area looks like the lower front bumper center....

Yes, those pictures will work as an MFT wallpaper. They just need to be resized. I resized the top picture in photoshop to the correct size for MFT Wallpapers. I put it on the site I made that has MFT Wallpapers. Here is the link:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/22760682_pCLJPG

RonJrSVCMGR

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Gilford, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Ford Explorer Limited
Boltsfan17, thanks for doing that. You have some awesome ones on there! The wife will like the martini ones! Thanks again. I have no idea how to do that stuff, but would be glad to help others out if I did. I appreciate it!

boltsfan17

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
Boltsfan17, thanks for doing that. You have some awesome ones on there! The wife will like the martini ones! Thanks again. I have no idea how to do that stuff, but would be glad to help others out if I did. I appreciate it!

Your welcome. If you want others resized, let me know. It's really easy to do. Do you have Photoshop or any other photo editing program?

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer
This is from the 2013 User Manual:

Photo Display Limitations

Only the photograph(s) which meet the following conditions are
displayed:
• Compatible file formats are as follows: .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp
• Each file must be 1.5 MB or less.
• Recommended dimensions: 800 x 378

Photographs with extremely large dimensions (i.e., 2048 x 1536) may not
be compatible and appear as a blank (black) image on the display.

Hey everyone!

I want to jump in with an update. The new recommended dimensions are: 800 x 384 pixels.

Rebecca

tvalentino

Reaction score
City, State
BAY AREA, CALI
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
nice!

TNRC51

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ruby Red 2014 Sport
MFT Wallpaper

Anybody have "Explorer" specific wallpaper for the MFT system. The new size is 800 x 384 pixels.

images

If you do can we make a sticky to post them in?

thanks

briteboy

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT+Nav,MFT
It's been awhile since I did any wallpapers, but I found that Windows can re-size a .jpg, .bmp, or other similar image to the dimensions you want for the Ex wallpaper screen.

But you also need to be aware of the total file size you use as well. The MFT system has a limit on the file size.

If you do a search on this forum for wallpapers, I think you will easily find another thread that describes in detail on how to resize, and other who had posted many, many wallpapers you could cut and paste.

Good luck

TNRC51

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ruby Red 2014 Sport
Yep, The size limit is 1.5 Mb. I've seen a lot of wallpaper for the F150 and Focus but not anything with the Explorer logo.