MFT Wallpapers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Wallpapers

Fordy55

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Is there a place to get any cool wallpapers? I couldn't find any... :(

I'm pretty decent with photoshop so I was thinking of taking some cool computer wallpapers and cropping them to the proper dimensions for MFT (800 x 378 pixels). Anyone interested in this? I'm taking requests so we can try it out and hopefully start an archive!

EDIT:
Here are two wallpapers that I made from computer wallpapers I found on the internet. If you want one of your own let me know. Feel free to use these (I don't own them, I just scaled them).

51820438.jpg

I use this one:
28687961.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im up for helping too

im up for helping i have web servers we can host on and im a graphics guy let start a site for it maybe

I just tested it out and it looks pretty cool! I found two computer wallpapers on the internet that I liked and cropped/scaled them down, put them on a USB drive, and then put them on MFT. They look pretty cool! Here are two that I did:

51820438.jpg

I use this one:
28687961.jpg

Feel free to use them if you'd like! Just download the image to a USB drive and plug it into your car and transfer them to your MFT.

If anyone would like a custom one or has any requests don't hesitate to ask, I'd be more then happy to do it! It would be easier if you provide the image/wallpaper you want and I'll scale it and send it back.

Here's a few more I just did.

28153054.jpg

85628321.png

93214989.png

And for those who named their explorer "Dora the Explorer":
11437944.png

How about one with the Arkansas Razorbacks logo or possibly their stadium? Is it difficult to scale these? I'd like to learn how to do this myself.

How about one with the Arkansas Razorbacks logo or possibly their stadium? Is it difficult to scale these? I'd like to learn how to do this myself.

Sure, the only problem is I can't find a good image/don't know what one you'd like. Is there a specefic image you would like? You can search Google Images and find one and I'll be more then happy to scale it for you.

It's not difficult at all to do this, it only requires basic Photoshop skills. You will need Adobe Photoshop (or a similar program) to do it though. If you have photoshop all you need to do is create a 800x837 pixel canvas and hit CTR-T (APPLE-T on a mac) to scale the image.

edit:

Here's some for you:
75963819.jpg

24909850.png

46251009.jpg

29205442.png

37616182.png

Question......will a lighter background make it difficult to see lettering and lines? I would think a darker background would work better for contrast....thoughts?

Could you size this one please.......thanks.
A-10%20Island%20Sunset%20WEb-LG.jpg

Sure, the only problem is I can't find a good image/don't know what one you'd like. Is there a specefic image you would like? You can search Google Images and find one and I'll be more then happy to scale it for you.

It's not difficult at all to do this, it only requires basic Photoshop skills. You will need Adobe Photoshop (or a similar program) to do it though. If you have photoshop all you need to do is create a 800x837 pixel canvas and hit CTR-T (APPLE-T on a mac) to scale the image.

edit:

Here's some for you:
75963819.jpg

24909850.png

46251009.jpg

29205442.png

37616182.png

Thank you so much! How about this one? I don't have Photoshop :(
ArkansasRazorbacks3.jpg

Question......will a lighter background make it difficult to see lettering and lines? I would think a darker background would work better for contrast....thoughts?
I only use the background image when its on that display option where it only shows the background image (don't know what it's called or how to describe it too well...). So there is no contrast problems.

Could you size this one please.......thanks.
A-10%20Island%20Sunset%20WEb-LG.jpg
The image you gave me was a little small, it was actually smaller then the recommended resolution for MFT. I did it but the image got a little distorted, I still think it looks good though. If you have a larger version of that image then that would be better.

26662461.jpg

Thank you so much! How about this one? I don't have Photoshop :(
No problem

finalog.jpg

Here's a few images I had handy to resize. Will try and get some more when I get to my regular PC.

bc091610_0712exp.jpg

bc091810_0320exp.jpg

calander004exp.jpg

First two I took in British Columbia, the last one I took here on Long Island.

And for those who named their explorer "Dora the Explorer":
11437944.png

HAHAH. i actually mentioned that to my wife this past weekend....

me: "what if i name my truck Dora"
wife: "that reminds me of Dora the Explorer"
me: "EXACTLY!"
wife: "that's cheesy"

Hey Fordy55.....Could i trouble you for one more. My wife was hoping to get a pic of our daughter on the screen. I know the original dimensions are small like the last one but hopefully you can make it work.

Thanks again in advance :thumbsup:

ry%3D400.jpg

I only use the background image when its on that display option where it only shows the background image (don't know what it's called or how to describe it too well...). So there is no contrast problems.

The image you gave me was a little small, it was actually smaller then the recommended resolution for MFT. I did it but the image got a little distorted, I still think it looks good though. If you have a larger version of that image then that would be better.

26662461.png

No problem

finalog.jpg

Thank you!

Hey Fordy55.....Could i trouble you for one more. My wife was hoping to get a pic of our daughter on the screen. I know the original dimensions are small like the last one but hopefully you can make it work.

Thanks again in advance :thumbsup:

ry%3D400.jpg

Not a problem! Sorry I was away for the weekend, I responded to your PM with the wallpapers. I hope you enjoy them!

they're awesome.....thanks buddy!

OK silly question, but when where do I see these images once I upload them. I uploaded and saved them under wallpaper but don't see it displayed anywhere except on the left of the wallpaper screen where you add/delete/save and its tiny.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK silly question, but when where do I see these images once I upload them. I uploaded and saved them under wallpaper but don't see it displayed anywhere except on the left of the wallpaper screen where you add/delete/save and its tiny.

Hit the "House" botton on the bottom of the screen (bottom middle - it is in between Radio and Climate). Once you hit that a little menu should pop up to change the display layout, and then select the top one. You will then be able to see your wallpaper and the layout will be a little different.

Back