MFT Wallpapers | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Wallpapers

Thank you to gullwingdmc at focusfanatics.com for the PSD file. I customized it a bit for the Ex. The colors are a bit off in this screenshot and I lowered Drive/Pass down another 2 pixels. Enjoy! Link

photo-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Dutchman, I'll give it a try, looks great, seen any other sites?

I've been resizing a lot of wallpapers in Photoshop the last few days I've found from various websites. I'll upload them soon to my photo site so others can use them as well.

Thanks for the links.

I was just thinking the other day and wondered if Ford would ever develop and release themes for MFT. Something like the themes for Windows (gray, blue, high contrast, round buttons instead of rectangular). smithj33's is getting close to that.

Do you guys know the best size,aspect,format info for these wallpapers?
Thanks

This is from the 2013 User Manual:

Photo Display Limitations

Only the photograph(s) which meet the following conditions are
displayed:
• Compatible file formats are as follows: .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp
• Each file must be 1.5 MB or less.
• Recommended dimensions: 800 x 378

Photographs with extremely large dimensions (i.e., 2048 x 1536) may not
be compatible and appear as a blank (black) image on the display.

MFT Wallpaper for "Stormtrooper"?

http://crispme.com/25-hq-storm-trooper-wallpapers . I like the one at the top as an MFT wallpaper. At the right size, would it work on the MFT screen? I am also thinking "Storm Trooper" as two words, not "Stormtrooper" as one word. Might as well have some fun with it! Like the one with just the helmet, too. Teeth area looks like the lower front bumper center....

http://crispme.com/25-hq-storm-trooper-wallpapers . I like the one at the top as an MFT wallpaper. At the right size, would it work on the MFT screen? I am also thinking "Storm Trooper" as two words, not "Stormtrooper" as one word. Might as well have some fun with it! Like the one with just the helmet, too. Teeth area looks like the lower front bumper center....

Yes, those pictures will work as an MFT wallpaper. They just need to be resized. I resized the top picture in photoshop to the correct size for MFT Wallpapers. I put it on the site I made that has MFT Wallpapers. Here is the link:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/22760682_pCLJPG

Boltsfan17, thanks for doing that. You have some awesome ones on there! The wife will like the martini ones! Thanks again. I have no idea how to do that stuff, but would be glad to help others out if I did. I appreciate it!

Boltsfan17, thanks for doing that. You have some awesome ones on there! The wife will like the martini ones! Thanks again. I have no idea how to do that stuff, but would be glad to help others out if I did. I appreciate it!

Your welcome. If you want others resized, let me know. It's really easy to do. Do you have Photoshop or any other photo editing program?

This is from the 2013 User Manual:

Photo Display Limitations

Only the photograph(s) which meet the following conditions are
displayed:
• Compatible file formats are as follows: .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp
• Each file must be 1.5 MB or less.
• Recommended dimensions: 800 x 378

Photographs with extremely large dimensions (i.e., 2048 x 1536) may not
be compatible and appear as a blank (black) image on the display.

Hey everyone!

I want to jump in with an update. The new recommended dimensions are: 800 x 384 pixels.

Rebecca

nice!

MFT Wallpaper

Anybody have "Explorer" specific wallpaper for the MFT system. The new size is 800 x 384 pixels.

JmV5crxU1rH1gKy-UAqJZogZkhHXo6-KjwISfQKJ6IxvAUAnSA.jpg

If you do can we make a sticky to post them in?

thanks

It's been awhile since I did any wallpapers, but I found that Windows can re-size a .jpg, .bmp, or other similar image to the dimensions you want for the Ex wallpaper screen.

But you also need to be aware of the total file size you use as well. The MFT system has a limit on the file size.

If you do a search on this forum for wallpapers, I think you will easily find another thread that describes in detail on how to resize, and other who had posted many, many wallpapers you could cut and paste.

Good luck

Yep, The size limit is 1.5 Mb. I've seen a lot of wallpaper for the F150 and Focus but not anything with the Explorer logo.

Back