• Register Today It's free!

MFT Wishlist...

hannibalhector

Reaction score
City, State
Bronx, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
The following is a reasonable wishlist of fixes/modifications that would drastically improve the overall MFT experience:

Reset Button
I can't count on all my fingers and toes how many times my MFT has frozen up on me and remained that way until I turned the car off then back on. One time it even remained on after I pulled the key out! An actual button or perhaps some sequence of button presses on the streeting wheel should be able to perform a hard restart of the MFT system.

Improved ipod playback
This is in my opinion the biggest knock on the MFT system. The clunky browsing method for the ipod. You should not have to go back to square one whenever you want to browse a playlist that you're currently in! It should also not take upwards of 8 secs to load all the playlists and their contents. Finally, the page scrolling is horrendous! If you hit the down arrow 10 times quikckly, you can drive a quarter mile before the damn thing catches up to you. Unacceptable!

DVD playback
Every aftermarket headunit out there offers this... no brainer!

Improved overall performance
after about a week or so after buying my ex, I felt like the MFT system was the Vista of the Sync systems. Where MS/BSquare dropped the ball big time and will probably make an amazing system in newer models. Hopefully these minor updates will be better than just a 'service pack'

More options and settings!
If the voice control is to blame for the lag in MFT, then an option to disable it altogether should be implemented!

An expansion of phones that have support txt messaging on MFT is way overdue!

Those stupid scheduled maintanance shutdowns that tend to kick in while im in the middle of a 40 mile trip should be forewarned at least one hour prior. That way I don't get lost while I have a route punched in. no brainer???

There are several othe ritems that require revision on this ghastly MFT system. Fixing the above mentioned glitches/annoyances would put a smile on my face from ear to ear. I sincerely hope someone who has the ability to get any or all of these suggestions is reading :) Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Improved ipod playback
This is in my opinion the biggest knock on the MFT system. The clunky browsing method for the ipod. You should not have to go back to square one whenever you want to browse a playlist that you're currently in! It should also not take upwards of 8 secs to load all the playlists and their contents. Finally, the page scrolling is horrendous! If you hit the down arrow 10 times quickly, you can drive a quarter mile before the damn thing catches up to you. Unacceptable![/B]

This is maybe one of my biggest usability beefs with MFT. It's absurd that once I start playing a particular album, that if I want to browse again I have to go all the way back to the beginning and work my way through the list again. I have a lot of stuff on a USB stick... something like 125 artists, 500+ albums, over 7000 tracks. Trying to go from one Talking Heads album to another Talking Heads album takes 5 minutes. Every other media player on the planet will allow you to start browsing from where you're currently at. Why does MFT force you back to the beginning?

If they were to fix this I'd be thrilled. Doubt it will happen though.

I would like to see them really test the Navagation Maps too! I would hate to drive somewhere only to get lost after paying for a nav system, that was the whole idea for bying it in the first place to make it easy to get to my destination. I have not had real troubles so far, adresses maybe a couple houses off.

Would also like speed improvements on the MFT system as well. It really can lag....:rolleyes:

I wish they would add the option for your wallpapers to change automatically :)

The following is a reasonable wishlist of fixes/modifications that would drastically improve the overall MFT experience:

Reset Button
I can't count on all my fingers and toes how many times my MFT has frozen up on me and remained that way until I turned the car off then back on. One time it even remained on after I pulled the key out! An actual button or perhaps some sequence of button presses on the streeting wheel should be able to perform a hard restart of the MFT system.

Improved ipod playback
This is in my opinion the biggest knock on the MFT system. The clunky browsing method for the ipod. You should not have to go back to square one whenever you want to browse a playlist that you're currently in! It should also not take upwards of 8 secs to load all the playlists and their contents. Finally, the page scrolling is horrendous! If you hit the down arrow 10 times quikckly, you can drive a quarter mile before the damn thing catches up to you. Unacceptable!

DVD playback
Every aftermarket headunit out there offers this... no brainer!

Improved overall performance
after about a week or so after buying my ex, I felt like the MFT system was the Vista of the Sync systems. Where MS/BSquare dropped the ball big time and will probably make an amazing system in newer models. Hopefully these minor updates will be better than just a 'service pack'

More options and settings!
If the voice control is to blame for the lag in MFT, then an option to disable it altogether should be implemented!

An expansion of phones that have support txt messaging on MFT is way overdue!

Those stupid scheduled maintanance shutdowns that tend to kick in while im in the middle of a 40 mile trip should be forewarned at least one hour prior. That way I don't get lost while I have a route punched in. no brainer???

There are several othe ritems that require revision on this ghastly MFT system. Fixing the above mentioned glitches/annoyances would put a smile on my face from ear to ear. I sincerely hope someone who has the ability to get any or all of these suggestions is reading :) Thanks!

+1

add newer Geodata for mapping software. Google Maps are free and they are far superior. Give us the option to pick mapping software.

NO!!!!!!!!

This list may cause them to delay the new software! ;)

+1 on updating the map data and improving legibility in dense areas (like downtown Toledo- I couldn't tell my route from all of the other road info). And make those updates free.

if i can get my wallpapers to change on their own... then its worth a little wait ;)

NO!!!!!!!!

This list may cause them to delay the new software! ;)

I think adding new features is how they planned to make extra money off of MFT. That's why it says the updates are free until December. Although, the "updates" we have been receiving have actually been updates. Hopefully this new 2.11 "fix" will fix everything so we can start receiving new "updates" for "new features" instead of existing ones that should have already been there.

I think adding new features is how they planned to make extra money off of MFT. That's why it says the updates are free until December. Although, the "updates" we have been receiving have actually been updates. Hopefully this new 2.11 "fix" will fix everything so we can start receiving new "updates" for "new features" instead of existing ones that should have already been there.

I think Ford needs to re-think the strategy vis-a-vis updates, and keep owners current while they are within warranty, and after warranty allow them to subscribe to a maintenance program.

These are all excellent suggestions!

I will submit them as an Efficiency Proposal.

Also, you can submit your ideas/suggestions to us at: www.TheFordStory.com

Click on "Your Ideas" and then "Post Your Idea."

Rebecca

Can you post the link or file to download it? I live in Venezuela and Ford doesn't have support for my country... Thanks Ford...

Back