Michael Jackson Passes Away at age 50 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Michael Jackson Passes Away at age 50

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop giant Michael Jackson, who took to the stage as a child star and went on to set the world dancing to the thumping rhythms of his music for decades, died Thursday, TMZ website reported. He was 50.

"We've just learned Michael Jackson has died," TMZ said.

"Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back," the entertainment site said.

There was no official confirmation of the reported death and spokespersons for Jackson could not be reached for comment.

Earlier, the Los Angeles Times said that the singer had been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home.

The newspaper said paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation at the scene before taking him to the UCLA Medical Center hospital.

Jackson had been due to start a series of comeback concerts in London on July 13 running until March 2010. The singer, whose hits include "Thriller" and "Billie Jean," had been rehearsing in the Los Angeles area for the past two months.

The shows for the 50 London concerts sold out within hours of going on sale in March.

Jackson started out as a child star in the band "The Jackson 5" more than 40 years ago.

He has lived as a virtual recluse since his acquittal in 2005 on charges of child molestation.

There have been concerns about Jackson's health in recent years but the promoters of the London shows, AEG Live, said in March that Jackson had passed a 4-1/2 hour physical examination with independent doctors.

(Additional Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Writing by Frances Kerry, Editing by Jackie Frank)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just saw that, it's shocking...

Unfreakin believable:eek: Only 50 years old... The guy had his problems, but he was an amazing talent.

RIP Michael.

Wow, unbelievable, First Ed McMahon on Tuesday, and now Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson today

R.I.P Michael Jackson

Oh my, a child molester died. Lets all grieve over him. Sorry guys but if some John Doe molested children and then died nobody would be mourning him so I dont think anyone should mourn this guy. But I guess thats just my humble opinion :p:

Oh my, a child molester died. Lets all grieve over him. Sorry guys but if some John Doe molested children and then died nobody would be mourning him so I dont think anyone should mourn this guy. But I guess thats just my humble opinion :p:

I'm sure he's having a tough time explaining his peccadillo's to God right about now.....I just hope those that he hurt along the way can find peace in their lives.

When it rain, it pours, I will miss this Man, he was much more than Elvis and Sintra. He Broke barriers as well as dance moves. He went out in style and contraversy as was his character! RIP He was a enigma wrapped in unidentified cloak.

celebrity-pictures-michael-jackson-.jpg

Michael Jackson can finally rest in peace. Come to think of it all the children of the world can also finally rest in peace.

^^^ I lolled.

I bet some doctors are running scared right now with all those prescription drugs he had.
I'm old enough to remember the first time he and his family were on TV. I enjoyed watching him sing and those dance moves he had. But the charges of child sex changed everything. After that I would not walk across the street to see him.
But I guess if you grew up with no child hood of your own, who knows.
I don't remember who was interviewing him when he said I wonder what it was like to have played with other children. I think that is truly sad.

Alleged... He was acquitted.

The thing about that is that most people can't let it go. He made some horrible choices in his relationships with younglings that even if he did not commit those acts, were still wholly inappropriate. Most people see the facts of what he actually did and let it form a "reality" to them, true or not.

I know exactly where they are coming from, we have had to deal with a molestation in our family, and I have to admit, if given the chance, the man who did it would not be breathing right now. Like I said, even if he didn't molest the kids, his actions were pretty shady, borderline and just plain weird. So, I can see how some people are happy with his passing.

I'm stealing the commentary below from another forum I'm on...

Yesterday afternoon, I was working at the computer while listening to Shep Smith on Fox News in the background. He was talking to Uri Geller, the mentalist, on the telephone. Apparently, Mr. Geller became friends with Jackson many, many years ago. He related that Jackson had asked him in more recent years if he could hypnotize him so as to avoid a particular food that caused him problems. Geller, who did hypnosis as part of his act, agreed to try it. Geller said that he put Jackson into a "deep trance" and made the suggestion about the food. He then apologized to Shepard Smith and the audience, saying that he did something that was totally inappropriate and professionally irresponsible and unethical while Jackson was in the trance. He asked him whether he had molested any children. He said that Jackson replied, No, never, I would never do such a thing." He then asked Jackson, if that is so, why did he agree to end the trial and pay off the complaintant. He said that Jackson, still hypnotized, said that he was ed with the whole event and just wanted it to end.

Now this is the difficult part. I have always found it easy to condemn Jackson because he was a "freak" and a likely pervert. However, with what I have learned about Jackson's childhood, his preoccupation with children, and what Uri Geller added, I might be forced to change my opinion of Jackson.

Joe Jackson, the father of the Jackson 5, was, by all accounts, a driven perfectionist. He formed the Jackson 5 when MJ was 5 years old...about Kindergarten/1st Grade in school. The old man demanded constant practicing and attention to the act. It seems to me that MJ had nothing like a "normal" childhood...no play, all work, demanding taskmaster.

This morning in an interview, one of Jackson's attorneys explained that MJ was the victim of nearly constant law suits seeking to extort money from him in some manner or another. He said that one woman, named Billie Jean Jackson, sued him to get royalties from a song in the millions of dollars because she said it was written about her. This speaks as much about the bottom feeding scumbag lawyer that took the case as much as it does about the scumbag bringing the suit.

Fast forward to more recent years. Jackson seems preoccupied with young disadvantaged children from broken homes. He even spent millions of dollars on his "Wonderland Ranch" to give kids something of a childhood he never had. From all accounts, he doted on and treated his own kids like he never experienced from his father as a child.

A record producer this morning described one of his meetings with Jackson. He related that he once asked MJ what he wanted to do when he got too old to record and perform the music for which he is known. He said that MJ answered, "I'm never going to get old. I'm Peter Pan."

This is red meat for any psychologist. It all becomes much more clear when the dots are connected. He truly might not have been a sexual pervert, but probably had some sort of neurosis or psychosis that caused him to search for the childhood he never had. Sometimes a banana is just a banana.

Rick, you don't mind if I take that to another site, do you?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back