• Register Today It's free!

Michigan Trails?

Mr. MuD

Reaction score
City, State
Clawson, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
91' XLT
Is there any spots in Michigan that you can go off-raoding legally. I dont like sand/dunes...i like mud and trails. So if you know of any spots let me know...and if there is any good spots that arnt legal, let me know also. ;)

Thanks!

Mud

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you don't like sand? well, I think someone said there was a mud trail up north somewhere. I will try to find out for you. the sand was a lot of fun though...you should try it.

by the way... I am still trying to get people together for a trip to Drummand Island (in the U.P) before the end of the year. Is anyone interested?
thunderbay offroaders DOA page
The mud sweat and gears page above has a bunch of DOA pics (Drummand Offroad Adventure).

I hear ya... I am definetly more into mud and trails than sand, but have to try everything once.

The Mounds in Flint are supposed to be good. I will be going there a lot while I am at school. I think that the bay area 4 wheelers have pictures from the mounds. Let me know if you have a weekend free... I will try to plan something.

I mean... someone has to come with me... :)
doa0601_12.jpg

doa0601_06.jpg

Doesn't it look like fun?!?!?!?!

Try the Mounds first, it is north east of Flint. just east of Mt. Morris on Mt.Morris road. (I-75 to I-475 north to Dort Hwy, north on Dort to Mt. Morris, right on Mt. Morris) A bunch of us from the www.mybigbroncos.com went out last Sunday and had a great time. Many of the Mich clubs gather on Thanksgiving day at the Mounds, Likely to see dozens and dozens of trucks. Pictures are posted on the club websites posted earlier.It is best to go with others in case you get stuck.

Next time I go, I will probably take my 92 Explorer XLT, just to see how it does.

You will need an ORV sticker at the Mounds and it cost $8 to get in.

Thanks for ur replies... I was thinking about starting my own off-roading club too :p

Well Piece!

just a thought

I know it's not MI, but if you're not too far north you could try the Badlands in Attica Indiana. it's an awesome place and has anything you could possibly want. very cheap to play as well.

Back