Mid-Feburary Paragon excursion | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mid-Feburary Paragon excursion

I rather do one day but if two is the consensus then maybe.. I just hope I have enough money by that time.. Just ordered the 3" body lift and now I have to order the tires.. $500 just for (5) 32x11.5x15 tires w/o mounting and balancing. Want to go 33x12.5x15 on the stock rims but I'm afraid I lose my beadlock. You figure $150 for 5 new rims minimal, which I don't have right now since I quit my job.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey before you buy look at the packages that

4wheelparts.com has.... only DON"T order right from the website.... if you call the 800 # you can haggle the salesperson.... they will go lower.... you could also bring ANY advertised tire package (including those from the web...ie tire rack, 4wheel parts etc.) over to ANY of the NTB dealers... and they will pricematch and throw in the balancing and road hazard... at least that is what they did for me....

Karol

I just ordered 32x11.5x15 Pro-Comp AT's mounted and balanced on 15x8 Black rock crawlers WITH warranty AND shipping the total was $728. It was over $800 on the website but i called them saying i was shopping around and they asked for my lowest quote- i told them $745 and they didnt even ask from who (i was gonna say desert rat if they asked).

For those of you looking for tires, check out "shoppytrish" on Ebay. She always seems to have good deals, although you'll have to get wheels. I'm getting a 33x12.5x15 Mickey Thompson Dick Cerpek from her for my spare. I might steal it for 85 bucks!! Don't bid on that one please!! Just thougt I'd bring it to your attention.

Sk1er17, and anyone else near West Chester, a new powder coater opened around the corner from me. I checked out the oporation, it's nice, and at 85 buck per hour, it's a good investment. If you can't find a place near you and can't make it here, I could take your parts over there, I'd be happy to do it. Just mail em.
-E

Originally posted by PAExplorer
For those of you looking for tires, check out "shoppytrish" on Ebay. She always seems to have good deals, although you'll have to get wheels. I'm getting a 33x12.5x15 Mickey Thompson Dick Cerpek from her for my spare. I might steal it for 85 bucks!! Don't bid on that one please!! Just thougt I'd bring it to your attention.

Sk1er17, and anyone else near West Chester, a new powder coater opened around the corner from me. I checked out the oporation, it's nice, and at 85 buck per hour, it's a good investment. If you can't find a place near you and can't make it here, I could take your parts over there, I'd be happy to do it. Just mail em.
-E

I'm all over that.. $85.. j/k. Actually I'm still looking. I figure I'll be spending somewhere in the neighboorhood of $140 mounted and balanced per tire including a new 15x8 rim.

Blee1099,
How do you like the brown wire mod? Front or rear?
-E

Originally posted by PAExplorer
Blee1099,
How do you like the brown wire mod? Front or rear?
-E

I'm pretty happy with it, I have noticed a 1-2 MPG gain in it and I'm now able to do burnouts.:D

SIGN ME UP. PAExplorer and anyone else near West Chester you wanna convoy up there? Lou will probably join either with his truck or as passenger in mine. My lockers and lift should be done by then :)

I want to be in but since febuary 22 is my birthday who knows where i'll be but the 21st sounds good.
skier whats the deal why not mud terrains dude. all terrains weak. but still probobly better then those duellers.

my mud terrians rock in the snow. i'm set. ok i still need some lockers but i'm set. aanyway.

I'm down with some convoy action. I've got a couple of other trucks coming too.
-E

looks as though there will be a pretty good showing

for this one!!

Karol

I'm ready, the body lift is at Fedex right now so it should be here tomorrow. Just got to figure a day to work on it, then I got to get the tires mounted. Hopefully we'll have a nice gathering.

Sweet!

Yea im pretty much stock with tires but im not afraid of a little carnage. I also have a friend with an Xterra who is thinking about coming with us, so pencil me in.

Craig

I live not to far from paragon,,i know that the park is closed for the season till spring except for club reserved runs..so you have to get hold of paragon to set up a run,,just what i heard thru the grape vine. I may be able to go and a buddy with a jeep also.,,,,,

Lizard's a guide at Paragon so I think he already made the proper arrangements.

Ok ,,,cool,,I am new around here just wanted to make sure ,,,thanks,,,

Originally posted by jbigguy
I live not to far from paragon,,i know that the park is closed for the season till spring except for club reserved runs..so you have to get hold of paragon to set up a run,,just what i heard thru the grape vine. I may be able to go and a buddy with a jeep also.,,,,,

This is already taken care of, they arent really closed for the season, just that business is a bit slower now in the winter so if theres no business for a particular weekend, they leave the park closed. But were ok for this run.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmh.

Kinda reminds me of this ground breaking run....

Funny how much things can change in two years, eh?

Attachments

• paragon april 2002 copy.jpg
    paragon april 2002 copy.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 135

Back