Midwestoffroad.com | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Midwestoffroad.com

I have to start hanging out over there. I definately could use a hand or two modding my ex. Especially with this body lift I am trying to get on. Keep putting it off since I have no help :(

-Rich

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nothings wrong with the forums over there. I was just on them.

Where do you live churd69?

There's always help in Michigan.

Arnie you see the Drumond Island post on the other site?

mechanix said:
Nothings wrong with the forums over there. I was just on them.

Where do you live churd69?

Hartland Area.

-Rich

If you need a hand send me a pm sometime.

mechanix said:
If you need a hand send me a pm sometime.

won't hesitate too :D Know anything about changing the rear differential cover?

-Rich

anybody know some trails around the madison area, working the bugs outta my xploder, sas, soa, lockers, 33's, I wanna break what's gonna break before I really take it somewhere

Yeah I think I can handle that and the body lift you speak of in 8 hours.

We need to get a run going sometime this month or next.

I could do a day run to the Dunes. It is not a really expensive trip there.

mechanix said:
Yeah I think I can handle that and the body lift you speak of in 8 hours.

Oh, I have the body lift on and my tires. I just need to get the rear differential on now, I just got it in the mail from summitt. I just don't know once I take the old one off how to refill the new one since there is no hole.

-Rich

There is a hole. If you are looking at the rear end from the front (the side where the drive shaft attaches to) on the upper right hand side of the diff there is a plug. You will need a 3/8's extension and a ratchet or breaker bar. Fill till some runs out and you are done.

mechanix said:
There is a hole. If you are looking at the rear end from the front (the side where the drive shaft attaches to) on the upper right hand side of the diff there is a plug. You will need a 3/8's extension and a ratchet or breaker bar. Fill till some runs out and you are done.

I was looking at the clear gearz install and the pumpkin is only half full. If I fill it till some comes out won't mine be too full?

-Rich

No it wont be over full.

what kind of fluid would you recommend. I have a 3.73 LSD.

-Rich

ford recommends 75w-140...but its gettin harder to find so 80w-140 is readily available. oi would also buy a limited slip addative too.

[QUOTE='97 V8]ford recommends 75w-140...but its gettin harder to find so 80w-140 is readily available. oi would also buy a limited slip addative too.[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen you on here in awhile, guess we been missing each other. Will any autoparts place have the limited slip additive?

-Rich

yes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could go with synthetic fluid. It has the same additives as the limited slip additive does and it extends the intervals you need to change the fluid.

Back