Mike65's 2000 Ranger XLT 4X4 Off Road. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mike65's 2000 Ranger XLT 4X4 Off Road.

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Horsepasture, Virginia.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
100_0549_zpse3c784a8.jpg

The above pic is how I purchased the truck back in October with 101,000 mi as my DD. It is a 2000 4X4 XLT that has the 4.0L OHV, 5 spd auto trans, PW, PL, PM, cruise, tilt, A/C, AM/FM Cassette/CD, Off Road Pkg, Towing Pkg, Bed Liner, Bucket Seats, & Shorty Console.

Soon after I purchased the truck I had to pull the bed off the truck to fix the fuel sender, & replace the fuel filler neck & hoses that were leaking.

100_0548_zpsedb25d79.jpg

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

100_0573_zpscc133e9a.jpg

I just recently added a bug shield, vent visors, & bed rails.
Future add ons I would like to do are the lighted visors, & the puddle light mirrors from an Explorer, factory Ranger side step nerf bars, & a safari light bar.

..Nice truck..:biggthump

Last summer I added a hood scoop from a 1978 Mustang II Cobra, & the Ford factory Ranger step bars, & 4.0L fender emblems..

100_0701_zpsd640e841.jpg

Last edited:

Last summer I did the 01-03 f/e conversion which I like better then the 00 f/e, & sprayed the front bumper w/gray plasti dip. I also replaced the 00 side rear view mirrors with ones from an 06 Ranger.

100_0728_zps9dae4e33.jpg

This past spring I added Ranger FX4 Level II tow hooks, & cranked the torsion bars. Also the plasti dip was starting to peel off the front bumper so I removed all of it & went back to a chrome bumper.

100_0868_zpslsqqwhhw.jpg

Last edited:

During this summer I developed a brake leak in the rear which turned out to be where the metal line joins the rubber line to the rear axle. I replaced the main line from a junction under the drivers side door to the rear, the rubber line, both metal lines to the wheel cylinders, & both wheel cylinders. I used nicad brake line so it will not rust out again.

100_0878_zpsn5ccczuj.jpg

While I had the bed off the truck I coated the frame from the back of the cab to the rear of the frame with POR-15 chasis black.

100_0879_zpsftp5modd.jpg

Last edited:

Very nice Mike. Looking at that I can see good things happening to your Sport in the future.

I always wanted the A pillar mounted grab handles, so for the last couple months I have been collecting the parts needed to install them, & I finally got the last pieces & installed them.
100_0906_zpsmnqu6yop.jpg

100_0907_zpsqnumvzv1.jpg

I purchased from a friend of mine a powerdome hood from a 01-03 Ranger for my 2000 Ranger that I did the 01-03 headlight/grille conversion. Just have to get it painted.

100_0920_zpsweehcf05.jpg

Luck for me the power dome hood is black & I want the raised center of the hood black, so today I wet sanded the side & center sections of the hood & shot them with some primer. Just waiting on the gray paint. Of course our Husky had to get into the pic.

100_0927_zpsmsorgcgh.jpg

Where did you source the A-pillar grab handles from? I need a set something terrible as I don't have side steps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back