Mike91 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mike91

LStoudenmire

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston, SC
Looks Like I've been Had!

Has anyone purchased any of the items from Mike91 from this thread Dead Link Removed ?

Well, I Paypalled him $26.00 on Mar 26, and PAYPAL is reporting that he got the money. I've emailed him about the shipment and he said that he was going to ship it and send me the tracking number a week and a half ago. I've sent him another email, with no response.

This is the first time I have ever had problems with buying anything off of the net. I've purchased 20 or 30 items off of ebay and bought 2 or 3 things from other forum members. Guess it had to happen sooner or later.

Bad thing is, it was something I really needed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought clear corners and a KKM from Mike over a month ago and he shipped it right on time no hassels

Did you ever get your items?

Not yet. I've emailed, pm'ed. everything. I'm going to file with Paypal today. Hopefully I can get my money back.

Sorry to here that:(

I wish that when negative feedback has been left about and individual that the complete information would be posted or that the issue has been clarified if and when there is a resolution. There was no "real" excuse for me not shipping his parts right away - he paid timely and back in March. He did fail to state that he also wanted the rear emblem off my truck which I stated that I did not have in my possession... I would have to take that off and that caused a one week delay in and of itself b/c I wasn't making another trip to the truck for the following weekend. This wasn't the greatest deal in the world as I only received $26, which included shipping costs of $9. This nets me off to $16 big dollars - in any event it is a deal and should have gone quicker. I have been dealing with relationship issues, coupled with traveling on business (last week in Atlanta), but I did realize that this was taking too long and when I arrived back from ATL I shipped the parts to him and he should have received them on Friday.

Once again, I apologize and don't want to give anyone the wrong impression as I am not dishonest and not trying to dick anyone around. I have had many transactions with members of the board recently and all of them were completed in a timely fashion, with the exception of L Stoudenmire and Trapper (which I need to send him his 4x4 sending unit - he paid me two weeks ago although I didn't want the money until I was completely ready to ship). In any event due to my "problems" I am no longer selling anything unless it is physically in my possession and ready to be shipped to avoid problems and any inconveniences. Regards, Mike.

I'm not in the business to "flame" people and I know that that is not the purpose of this forum, but I want to just say a few things about the transaction.

First, my original post that I made was not negative feedback. I had only stated what I had known at that time, and I had posted it in "Exploring everything under the sun" and a moderator moved it to that section. I was only trying to find out if anyone else had had a problem with their transactions with you.

As far as the complete story, Mike, it is hard to give the complete story if I can't find anything out about the parts and the shipment. I tried to contact you several times, several ways over a months period of time. With no response.

I only posted the question after you had told me that you would send me the tracking number on April 16th.
Sorry you didn't make a great deal on the parts. I paid what you were asking. If you needed more, then you should have asked for more.

I felt like 30 days was a reasonable amount of time for a transaction to be completed. I AM SORRY, Mike ( and I mean that sincerely) of the circumstances that you encountered so that you were unable respond to my emails and to deliver the parts.

I have been out of town since Thursday and after receiving your email on Thursday explaining the hold up, wanted to edit my original post after I received the parts.

I hope this will clear things up for both of us and any other forum members. And I wish you the best in the future with your relationship and your job.

I didn't really take your post as a flame, and I am very understandable of your situation. Apparently there must have been communication issues since I had personally responded to at least three (3) of your e-mails. As far as the charging prices goes - unless the part is new or relatively new, I try my best to charge a decent price because all I want to do is recoupe a little of what my car is/was worth. No harm done and like I said I was sorry to inconvenience you with the delay... ****, I buy lots of stuff on Ebay until the past couple months and get pissed when someone doesn't ship two weeks later! ;) Well, best of luck with your truck. Mike

:)

hey mike! sorry about that little e-mail I sent you, I sorta get it after reading this post, but whats the deal on the 4x4 actuator? Mechanic get it off? BTW I thought you said to send the money out that wedsday because you were going to ship it that weekend, oh well....

Back