Mild Explorer 5.0 FS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mild Explorer 5.0 FS

For sale I have a 1998 5.0 V-8 Ford Explorer engine.

This engine has some mild mods to it, and was used in my V-8 swapped ford ranger for about 2 years.

Motor does not include the intake manifold, otherwise it is a complete long block with all accessories.

Details on what is in the motor:
GT-40P Headed 5.0 V-8 from a 1998 ford explorer
Generic "tall" valve covers painted black
Moroso Breather
ProForm 1.6 Roller Rockers
CompCams Double roller timing chain
CompCams Hydro roller lifters
CompCams Double valve springs
CompCams K35-349-8 Camshaft *Specs below*

cam.jpg

The cam kit was $680 new, and the rockers were about $250.

The following has been replaced on the motor about 3 months ago:
Oil pan gasket
Headbolts
Headgaskets
Timing cover gaskets
Front Main seal

The following has been replaced in the past year:
Water pump
Water pump gasket
Alternator
CPS Sensor
Cam Syncro sensor and spindle
Both coil packs
Spark plugs (1 step colder)
Starter (for a 4R70W Transmission)

Worked perfectly, but I'd still recommend tossing on a new headgasket and resurfacing the heads since it was used with a roots blower this past year (Full disclosure). Bought a newer model mustang to replace my projects, and have no need for this.

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

Located in Warrenville IL 60555, $1200.

What's the $1200 price for you listed at the bottom of the thread?

What's the $1200 price for you listed at the bottom of the thread?

That is the price for everything listed in this thread, if purchased with the supercharger kit I'd knock off $400 per our PM's :thumbsup:.

All of the hoses are less than 6 months old as well (Water pump, upper and lower rad, heatercore).

Ah, okay gotcha!:thumbsup:
If I'm looking at the pic correctly it looks like the A/C condensor is off the motor? Is that correct? How old are the pullies anyhow because I actually just replaced my alternator 3 weeks ago and if that one is older I'll just swap mine onto it

Ah, okay gotcha!:thumbsup:
If I'm looking at the pic correctly it looks like the A/C condensor is off the motor? Is that correct? How old are the pullies anyhow because I actually just replaced my alternator 3 weeks ago and if that one is older I'll just swap mine onto it

My ranger didn't have A/C so I ditched it. You don't need to run an Idler/Bypass pulley with it removed when using the Supercharger kit ;). You can run A/C with the kit though with a longer belt. I have Belts for it for the 2.0 pulley and 2.3 pulley without A/C at the moment, might have the belt for the A/C as well.

The alternator is probably 9 months old, the PS pump I never replaced but never whined or anything (the PS lines were replaced a year and a half ago when the swap was done). One of the Supercharger idlers is like 2 months old (Cheapy plastic one sheared off, replaced it with a metal one off an LS1), the other is as old as the SC Kit, but hasn't had any issues (Metal LS1 replacement is like $17 from Autozone).

Back