• Register Today It's free!

Mileage report

divizio

Reaction score
City, State
Yorkville, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT 4X4 4.0 5spd man
So I got the Dynamax Hiflo muffler. It is a 2 1/2 in and out. Had it welded on my 2" pipe. Great sound, more power on takeoff. I took a trip from Denver to Chicago , about 930 miles. 1st tank 85 octane, 21 mpg. 2nd tank 87 octane 18-19 mpg. 3rd tank 87 octane at Casey's, at least 21 mpg till I got about 50 miles from Chi town with a hair over 1/4 tank left. Thats when fuel pump went bye bye. So $850 later I finally got to my destination. I was hauling a 3 rail 71' Holsclaw trailer with my 92' Kawasaki Concours on it. My ex was loaded with my worldly possessions. I broke down near a friends home, loaded and trailer in tow. Had to remove everything and got it towed to shop. I guess I could have done the fuel pump myself, but with the ex full and trailer w/bike, the choice was made for time and convenience, not saving money! Anyway I truly believe the muffler, not a catback, really helped seeing as my ex has 168K and pulling about 900lbs. We know Dynamax is made by walker. It has a mellow sound, not too loud with pedal down. Nice rumble on downshift. Noticed just a bit more pep and obviously better mileage!!! Oh, I have the 4.0 OHV, mazda 5spd manual, control trac.

Back