• Register Today It's free!

miles markers are installed !

westfield

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
Auto hubs are gone ! Mile markers are installed...I have 4-wheel drive ! The electric t-case motor still works but I am going to ditch it and replace it with the shiftster. For me it makes sense because I won't have to mess around in the snow in San Antonio and it is going to be used primarily on beach sand on Padre !

I think the lesson learned over the years is never ever get a push button 4-wheel auto system. I had two blazers and both auto systems crapped out along with the explorer. My jeep cj and f-150 with manual hubs never ever let me down.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mile markers are installed...

NO!!!! I hope you have better luck with them then I did. I broke MM hubs every time I put it in 4wd... I modified them to engage better, they'd last a little longer, but still blow.

Do you have bigger tires, lower gears, or lockers? If you're stock, you may be ok, and they warranty replaced mine with no problems. I eventually went to Warn when I got tired of swapping them.

I am completely stock...No hard core off-roading..I have heard that if you do heavy duty off roading then warns are the way to go...Just want to get to the beach and do some surf casting and you need 4-wheel where I'm going...

The Milemarkers will be a fine replacement choice for the type of 4x4 driving you will be doing. The shiftster is a nifty little device, but they also make an in-cab Manual shift kit to use with an automatic T-Case. Yeah its a little more work and $ to install, but it beats having to get out and under your truck when it's wet, muddy, and nasty.

DSC04117.jpg

That shift kit looks great...Thanks !

Back