military rules for non-military | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

military rules for non-military

JGAMBLE

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Wainwright, Ak
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994xlt
:chug: :chug: Just got this from a friend and thought some of you might enjoy it. Yes I edited it so as not to offend anyone

Military Rules for Non-Military Personnel

"Dear Civilians, "We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

(1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem---kick their a$$.

(2) When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest---kick their a$$.

(3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their a$$.

(4) (GUYS) if you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces", and collecting GI Joe memorabilia might have been okay when you were seven years old. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your a$$ kicked.

(5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an a$$ kicking (children are exempt).

(6) If you witness someone calling the US Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake---and kick their a$$.

(7) Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her---of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe a$$ kicking.

(8) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans, and we all bleed the same, regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command is to include our Commander-In-Chief (C in C). The President (for those who didn't know) is our C in C regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. If you keep asking us the same stupid questions repeatedly, you will get your a$$ kicked!

(9) 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me---stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore, could kick your a$$!

(10) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying 'Let's go kill those Commies! And stop asking us where he is! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me---if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their a$$.

(11) 'Flyboy' (Air Force), 'Jarhead' (Marines), 'Grunt' (Army), 'Squid' (Navy), 'Puddle Jumpers' (Coast Guard), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. That could get you’re a$$ kicked.

(12) Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of Marines, Navy, Army, Air Force, and Coast Guard troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get it’s a$$ kicked."

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press."

"It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech."

"It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate."

"It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

(Please pass this on so I won't have to kick your ass!)

"If you can read this, thank a teacher"
"If you are reading it in English, thank a veteran."

"The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up to it yourself." - Benjamin Franklin

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level

bmxking5

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT
:thumbsup:

00XLS

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Frackville/State College PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 00 XLS
I love reading stuff like this.

vervepipes

Reaction score
City, State
Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
JGAMBLE said:
Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an a$$ kicking (children are exempt).

:chug: :ca:

Doug

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sykesville, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
Air force... I dunno about you guys... We had some at ft. huahchuca... they all made me shake my head sometimes. :p :D

S

shaggsta

To add to the list... people should educate themselves to the differences between Officers & NCMs and the differences between the Army, Navy, Air Force etc...

S

shaggsta

To add to the list... people should educate themselves to the differences between Officers & NCMs and the differences between the Army, Navy, Air Force etc... All service folks out there pipe up and let us know your trade/rank/location!

Myself - Airforce CIC Officer currently posted out of Shearwater NS Canada as a flight instructor - Capt. Hopefully I can go JAG in a few once law school is done though... operational law excites me...

MyExpWork

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Camarillo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 4-door 4X4 XLT
The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up to it yourself." - Benjamin Franklin

This line sums it up for me.

vervepipes

Reaction score
City, State
Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
shaggsta said:
To add to the list... people should educate themselves to the differences between Officers & NCMs and the differences between the Army, Navy, Air Force etc... All service folks out there pipe up and let us know your trade/rank/location!

Myself - Airforce CIC Officer currently posted out of Shearwater NS Canada as a flight instructor - Capt. Hopefully I can go JAG in a few once law school is done though... operational law excites me...

AVN Tech in Cold Lake, AB, 1AMS but with 410 Sqn. Pte now but soon i'll be done my apprenticeship and was basically told i'll be getting Cpl advanced

BigDakota

Reaction score
City, State
Bismarck ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport
:thumbsup: :usa: :usa: I Salute The U.S.A. :usa:
I am one who believes in Integrity and Sound Doctrine, "but" I do get easily angered by those who show disrespect towards our country and what we stand for. The "FREE SPEECH" to desecrate our flag and country, does not apply!!

S

shaggsta

Free speech is free speech. By limiting what can be said under the right of free speech is quite a slippery slope and very quicky the right will be lost. If the country/flag (or anything for that matter) is as strong as you would believe then it can stand up to negatives on it's own and by limiting what can be said about it only weakens it.

rocket 5979

Resident Gearhead
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Villa, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLT 4.6
shaggsta said:

Yeah,alot of people have no clue. They ask me if I am a Sargeant, a Lieutenant, or a Colonel... First I tell them wrong branch and then proceed to tell them I am a BU1. Once they look puzzled I usually tell them it is the Navy equivalent to Staff Sargeant in the Army or Marine Corps. They then look a little less puzzled. I could say that for alot of fellow military members too though. It is a sad thing when the people I work with dont even understand my branch rank/rate structure yet I understand theirs up and down. Oh well, I am used to it by now.

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, Tx.
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' Ford Ex sport
I agree with you. non military should be educated in the military and our ranks. I get really tired of people asking what my rank on my camies is and what does it mean and all. What makes it worse is when i tell them they always say..o is that army...navy...and so forth. Hello i didnt go through 3 months of hell in MARINE boot camp just so some civi can say im navy or what ever. i have no prob with other forces and do respect them but i chose Marines not them.

btw those rules are so funny. I showed them to the Sgt's and GySgt's i work with and they loved them.
:D

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
shaggsta said:
Free speech is free speech. By limiting what can be said under the right of free speech is quite a slippery slope and very quicky the right will be lost. If the country/flag (or anything for that matter) is as strong as you would believe then it can stand up to negatives on it's own and by limiting what can be said about it only weakens it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JGAMBLE

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Wainwright, Ak
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994xlt
I was trying to stay out of this but.... freedom of speech does not mean there are no repercussions for your actions. Go cuss out your boss and claim freedom of speech.. or for that matter try burning the american flag in front of me :thumbdwn:

:chug: :chug:

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Freedom of speech only means you're free from retaliation from the GOVERNMENT because of what you say. Your boss can fire you for whatever he wants. People claim freedom of speech here but it doesn't apply because this is a private forum.

All he's saying is once we allow the government to pick and choose what we can speak freely about than freedom of speech no longer exists. It becomes "freedom to speak about whatever the government says we can" which is what they had in say...Iraq.

or for that matter try burning the american flag in front of me

But the government can't arrest him.

Also whatever you do to someone who tries to burn the American flag in front of you will send you to jail.

I realize this little thing is just cute but it does irritate me slightly because it promotes the idea that:

1. Citizens who join the military are somehow better and put in a different league than citizens who don't.

2. The military is soley responsible for everything good that we have and they're the only ones who can take any credit for any of it.

Plenty of America's freedoms were born from the battlefield, but plenty were also born on our own streets, in our own homes, and in our own families. The military is only one part of a system of government and citizenship that bears the weight of our country and shares in its benefits equally.