• Register Today It's free!

Mirror swap question.

mr1mrwun

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 4dr XLT 4x4 5-speed
I did some research and I know we can put 2nd gen rear view mirrors on the first gen. My question is, does anybody know or have an idea if the mounting studs and base of other gens (mainly 4th) have the same pattern/size??
I was planning on doing a swap with the 2nd gen mirrors with the heated glass and puddle lights, then I saw the square 4th gen mirrors and was wondering if they fit. I'm not worried about the wiring, I just want to know if they can possibly fit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did some research and I know we can put 2nd gen rear view mirrors on the first gen. My question is, does anybody know or have an idea if the mounting studs and base of other gens (mainly 4th) have the same pattern/size??
I was planning on doing a swap with the 2nd gen mirrors with the heated glass and puddle lights, then I saw the square 4th gen mirrors and was wondering if they fit. I'm not worried about the wiring, I just want to know if they can possibly fit.

The 2nd gen mirrors will bolt up just like the original one. I've read that it's plug and play also but It might vary with diff options.

The 2nd gen mirrors will bolt up just like the original one. I've read that it's plug and play also but It might vary with diff options.

Thanx willindsay, I know the 2nd gens will bolt up already. My question is regarding if 4th gen mirrors will fit.

Hard to say I was looking at the LMC catalog, and it looks like the 02-05 without heated glass or puddle lights would fit. I really don't know for sure, I was only looking at pics.

I say that because according to pics, the 02-05 heated/ lighted mirror looks to have a different mount.... I might be way off, cause it's a crappy pic. :dunno:

Back