misfire nightmare

pbnj22

Reaction score
City, State
duluth minnesnowta
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 xlt 5. v8 awd
00 explorer 5.0
I got a mis fire in cyl 7... replaced plugs, plug wires, swapped coil packs and mis fire did not move, changed fuel filter, tested fuel pressure and it was good
ran sea foam in crank case, gas tank and vacuum hose... still no luck with my mis fire.. so what is next?
Anything else i can try before i do injectors? Should i test them by checking ohms and then putting 5 volts to each one? should i replace all of them or just the suspected bad ones? anyone have advice or a write up for how to get to the injectors before i rip things apart? thanks in advance

I had a discussion recently about whether or not it is suggestible to replace all the injectors or just the bad ones, similar to plugs. Most of what was mentioned was if the vehicle does not have a lot of mileage on it, say under 100k, then replacing one or two or which ever may be bad is fine. However if it has seen some road time, it is advisable to go ahead and replace them all.

The other aspect that came to mind was if the spray patterns were identical and the specs were the same of the new injectors compared to the old ones, that it may be suggestible to go ahead and replace them all as they would be different, and various fuel spray patterns may tamper with readings of the sensors later on.

I am very surprised at the price of injectors for these engines, so I went ahead and replaced all of mine, and I have around 60,000 miles on my 98.

well what a dandy im sitting right at 115k... i think ill splurge and fix them all..

Back