• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler Thread

Mishimoto

EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
New Castle, DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 ST
Hey Guys!

Nick here again! I just wanted to kick off this thread to let you know that we've broken ground on our new intercooler development! Make sure to head over to our blog to read more!

FORD FAMILY FUN – 2020+ FORD EXPLORER ST PERFORMANCE INTERCOOLER STOCK REVIEW AND DESIGN PLANS

NLT_9917-scaled.jpg

Ever since Ford brought the EcoBoost engines to life in the early 2010s, enthusiasts have been on a quest for more boost. The downside to added boost pressure, however, is that it can easily overload the stock intercooler. The lightweight tube-and-fin cores generally don’t have the surface area or core volume to dissipate the heat generated by higher-than-stock boost pressures. The Explorer ST’s intercooler is no exception to that trend.

After careful planning and consideration, Mitch created a virtual version of our new intercooler. When we bring this intercooler to life, we plan to bump up the core size to 26″x16.5″x2.2″ for a massive boost in cooling power. The added fin surface area and internal core volume will be more conducive to cooling charged air and increased boost pressure.

A bigger core isn’t all we’re planning, either... Read more

Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Sounds like it's going to be a very useful product:burnout:

Nzaf985

Reaction score
City, State
DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Hey Guys!

Nick here again! I just wanted to kick off this thread to let you know that we've broken ground on our new intercooler development! Make sure to head over to our blog to read more!

FORD FAMILY FUN – 2020+ FORD EXPLORER ST PERFORMANCE INTERCOOLER STOCK REVIEW AND DESIGN PLANS

View attachment 341460

-Nick
Hey,
I’d love to get one installed when they are ready. I’m local in DE, do you offer installation?

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Hey,
I’d love to get one installed when they are ready. I’m local in DE, do you offer installation?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Kingcor

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Hey Guys!

View attachment 341460

-Nick
Any estimate on release? I just got my ST last week and I’m debating one of these soon, just not sure how long I can wait. located in NJ

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Any estimate on release? I just got my ST last week and I’m debating one of these soon, just not sure how long I can wait. located in NJ
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Mishimoto

EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
New Castle, DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 ST
Hey,

Hey neighbor!

Unfortunately, we don't offer customer installation for our products, but we do provide installation instructions if this is something that you're willing to tackle on your own! Let me get back to you on some local shops that could also help you out as well

Right now we're slotted for a launch in Spring of 2022. I'll be sure to let you guys know if that changes at all!

-Nick

Nzaf985

Reaction score
City, State
DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Hey neighbor!

Unfortunately, we don't offer customer installation for our products, but we do provide installation instructions if this is something that you're willing to tackle on your own! Let me get back to you on some local shops that could also help you out as well

Right now we're slotted for a launch in Spring of 2022. I'll be sure to let you guys know if that changes at all!

-Nick
Thanks! I would appreciate it, I’m new to the area.