• Register Today It's free!

missing bolt, where can i get one

DrkPony

Reaction score
City, State
Delaware County, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Mounty Premier AWD
sorry, this is for a 99 Grand marquis, I was changing the brakes on the car and one of the caliper bolts is missing. Where do you get automotive bolts at? I looked at home depot. They had similiar bolts but not the right one. I think it is a m8 1.25x65 flange bolt.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dealership, junkyard, or some auto parts stores

Any autoparts store should have them.

rlcrafts said:
Try Lowes

I dont know if I would get a brake calipar bolt from Lowes.

I might very well be mistaken, but I dont think Lowes and places like that carry strong enough hardware.

Brakes and suspension are the last place I would want to take chances.

MONMIX said:
I dont know if I would get a brake calipar bolt from Lowes.

I might very well be mistaken, but I dont think Lowes and places like that carry strong enough hardware.

Brakes and suspension are the last place I would want to take chances.
I definitely would not get brake hardware at a home improvement store, as monmix states. You need grade 8 hardware
I would look at junkyard, myself, And you might go to a big named brake shop, see if they have one laying around.
If a caliper comes loose, or worse, off, while you are driving, that wheel will lock up.

They sell grade 8 at Lowes but it's much easier to just to go an auto parts store and ask for caliper bolts.

On a side note, I've heard that some suspension bolts are actually grade 5 because grade 5 will bend instead of snap like grade 8 does.

My local Ace harware is the absolute best source for all bolts, grades, threads and sizes, metric and standard.

There is one Ace here in town called A&A trading post, people come from MILES and MILES around to get specialty bolts and hard to find parts from this place.

Many times I will go to the dealer if I need to look up the thread/size/and length of a bolt, their prices are not too bad either.

In Lansing we've got Mid States Bolt and Screw. I go there all the time when I need some hardware. Sometimes if it's just one bolt, they'll give it to me

lowes's didn't have it, went to pep boys they didn't have it, dealer wants $31.50 plus tax for the kit which includes bushings etc. I'm going to a giant hardware place in NJ to see if they have it.

Found it at napa $8.50 for two.

Back