How to: - Missing Hitch Cover?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Missing Hitch Cover??

Prefix for threads which are instructional.

Drive XR7

Reaction score
City, State
Strongsville, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 X ST
Am about to buy this ST tomorrow. I have it on test drive till tomorrow. There's no cover on the trailer hitch which I find weird too, coming from a '16 that had a nice glossy cover there.

Attachments

• IMG_20200601_181224.jpg
    IMG_20200601_181224.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_20200601_181237.jpg
    IMG_20200601_181237.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_20200601_181531.jpg
    IMG_20200601_181531.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20200601_181927.jpg
    IMG_20200601_181927.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 233

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Am about to buy this ST tomorrow. I have it on test drive till tomorrow. It does not have the rear lower air deflector. I plan to ask the dealer to install one. For some other reason it didn't come with all weather mats either, so either Weathertech or I'll ask the dealer to throw those in too.

Also, there's no cover on the trailer hitch which I find weird too, coming from a '16 that had a nice glossy cover there.
No. it does not bring hitch cover. Maybe later models will.

Am about to buy this ST tomorrow. I have it on test drive till tomorrow. It does not have the rear lower air deflector. I plan to ask the dealer to install one. For some other reason it didn't come with all weather mats either, so either Weathertech or I'll ask the dealer to throw those in too.

Also, there's no cover on the trailer hitch which I find weird too, coming from a '16 that had a nice glossy cover there.

The all-weather mats are an option. Some have them from the factory, some don't. Easy enough to buy from Ford and well worth having, especially since the coverage is better than WeatherTech or Husky.

As for the trailer hitch cover - $15 from Ford:

1L2Z-17F000-CA.jpg

The all-weather mats are an option. Some have them from the factory, some don't. Easy enough to buy from Ford and well worth having, especially since the coverage is better than WeatherTech or Husky.

View attachment 316845

You met me at an animal hospital years ago in my blue Terminator and sold me a thermostat. I remember liking the Explorer Sport you had and now here I am coming from a 16 Sport to an ST. Ford should give you a finders fee.

I purchased some Rigid hitch parts, like a 2 5/8" ball mount and trailer wire, and they sent their all black rigid cheap covers. cheap and look good. Didn't realize they were only 97 cents

I believe he is referring to the complete cover for the tow package. Not just the receiver. The 5th gen had a complete cover that made it look like part of the bumper. Similar to the one on my Aviator. I agree with the OEM all-weather mats.

Peter

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 205

You met me at an animal hospital years ago in my blue Terminator and sold me a thermostat. I remember liking the Explorer Sport you had and now here I am coming from a 16 Sport to an ST. Ford should give you a finders fee.

I do remember!

Yeah, I definitely like to promote the Blue Oval stuff a lot. It's just a matter of paying it forward for many friends and family that have been employed there for decades, and all the vehicles I've owned having been problem-free. Not to mention, all the insight I got from my SVT/FP buddies with info for the Terminator site has always been appreciated.

Definitely glad to be in the ST now - loving it for sure!

Back