• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Missing Part? - Clip in the glove box

Jason628

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I'm missing the clip in the glove box that holds owner manual pouch. I asked my sales it's stander for all trim or it's optional? and The sales said it's may be optional.

4`A73F22AX[IN~GB02BD67G.png
DUMHPX6@M@HGHRJO)XCU3X5.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Dsle5403

Reaction score
City, State
Mondovi, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I really doubt that it is an option.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum Jason. :wave:
The clip is not an option. On the AutoNation site it shows as being for;

Base, Limited, Limited Hybrid, Platinum, ST, XLT2.3L L4 - Gas, 3.0L V6 - Gas, 3.3L V6 - Electric/Gas, 3.3L V6 - Gas
You may also check for these items;

Peter

Butt86

Reaction score
City, State
Gentry
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT 200A
Clip was a build design change. Look up SSM 48626... here is the verbage from FORD

2020 Explorer vehicles built on or after 21-Jan-2020 will have a glove compartment which no longer has a clip/bracket to hold the owner manual. The clip/bracket has been eliminated from the glove compartment. The vehicle is not misbuilt. Do not submit a claim for this condition.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2020 CAR: TW U625N EXPLORER

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Thank you for the info. That clears that up. Probably a huge cost-cutting move. :laugh: I guess the parts sites haven't updated their info.

Peter

Jason628

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Thanks, peter
Dealer installed the Rear Air Deflector for free and told me the towing eye is optional, I paid $50 for it.

Forddealz

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thank you for the info. That clears that up. Probably a huge cost-cutting move. :laugh: I guess the parts sites haven't updated their info.

Peter

Its a plastic clip, how much would that cost? 99 cents.

Butt86

Reaction score
City, State
Gentry
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT 200A
Thanks, peter
Dealer installed the Rear Air Deflector for free and told me the towing eye is optional, I paid $50 for it.

Did you check to make sure you have the installation point on the front bumper for the towing eye? That was a design change too...

SSM 48983 - 2020 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility - Front Recovery Hook - Built On Or After 14-Nov-2019
Some 2020 Explorer/Police Interceptor vehicles built on or after 14-Nov-2019 may not be equipped with an installation point behind the front fascia to mount a front recovery hook. The installation point was deleted as a running change. The vehicle is not misbuilt. The addition of any parts would not be considered a warrantable repair. Do not submit a claim for this condition.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

jrgoffin

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
The midwest
Year, Model & Trim Level
'20 Explorer ST
Clip was a build design change. Look up SSM 48626... here is the verbage from FORD

2020 Explorer vehicles built on or after 21-Jan-2020 will have a glove compartment which no longer has a clip/bracket to hold the owner manual. The clip/bracket has been eliminated from the glove compartment. The vehicle is not misbuilt. Do not submit a claim for this condition.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

Really thought it was odd to put a slot/shelf in the glovebox for the owners manual binder, but have no way to keep it in its place (for us OCD types). That was nice with the 5G Explorer that there was a shelf for the booklet above the glovebox. Just stumbled on the lack of the clip - such a petty change on Ford's part. Looks like it's time to fabricate something.

hbalek

Reaction score
City, State
Kensington, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Really thought it was odd to put a slot/shelf in the glovebox for the owners manual binder, but have no way to keep it in its place (for us OCD types). That was nice with the 5G Explorer that there was a shelf for the booklet above the glovebox. Just stumbled on the lack of the clip - such a petty change on Ford's part. Looks like it's time to fabricate something.
I realized that I have one today and put the binder in it for the first time since owning this vehicle since December!

jrgoffin

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
The midwest
Year, Model & Trim Level
'20 Explorer ST
I realized that I have one today and put the binder in it for the first time since owning this vehicle since December!

Is that clip easy to pop off? Curious if it has an engineering number stamped in to it. Crazy that it looked to be available only with the complete door, but I have the guys at my local dealer looking in to it. Ford probably got tired of warranty claims from it breaking off, which would have been easily remedied if it was a separate piece. Very annoying for something so minor.

Here's the slot on mine where the clip was supposed to be:

20200828_103406.jpg

rok8man

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer LTD
I just checked and I have the clip on my Explorer LTD that I picked up this week.

TBill

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Prescott, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
The clip presence really depends on when the vehicle was built, deletion was a running production change.

TBill