Missing Part? - Clip in the glove box | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part? - Clip in the glove box

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, why no glove box light......????
2021 is also missing the console storage bin lights, front camera washer and heated windshield wipers. Some have also reported that their owners manual came without a zipper cloth case and no cargo net. Am I forgetting any other missing pieces?

2021 is also missing the console storage bin lights, front camera washer and heated windshield wipers. Some have also reported that their owners manual came without a zipper cloth case and no cargo net. Am I forgetting any other missing pieces?
Lots of stuff "disappeared" as the Explorer transitioned from the 2020 to the 2021 model year. For example:

• SelectShift® Capability with Paddle Shifters is no longer standard across all series. It is Included in the Class III Trailer Tow Package (52T) on XLT 200A/202A and Limited 301A, Included in Limited 310A. Standard on ST and Platinum.
  • Roof-Rack Side Rails (86E) are now optional on ST. Previously standard.
  • Twin Panel Moonroof (439) is now optional on Platinum. Previously standard.
  • Deleted: Self-Sealing P255/55R20 All-Season (A/S) Tires (TFS) as the standard tire on Platinum and as an optional tire on ST. It is no longer available on either series.
  • The standard front row passenger seat on Limited, ST and Platinum is 8-way. Previously 10-way.
  • Deleted: Second Row Heated Seats are no longer available on XLT.
  • Deleted: Driver and Front-Passenger Seat Back Hard Shell.
  • Deleted: Second Row Head Restraint flip-fold function.
  • SiriusXM® Radio includes a three (3) month subscription. Previously six (6) months for 2020 Explorers.
  • Class III Trailer Tow Package no longer contains the Cargo Area Management System. The Cargo Area Management System (21F) is optional on Base, XLT, Limited and ST. Standard on Platinum.

Those items aren't actually "missing" since they were never part of the 2021 build. ;)

Peter

Those items aren't actually "missing" since they were never part of the 2021 build. ;)

Peter
Yes I assumed everyone knew this is all typical decontenting by Ford after an introduction year.

Peter
You have got to be kidding... Why would Ford not include a glove box light in their 2021 'build'? Is this another "better idea"? We have the 2021 "King Ranch" edition and frankly we are disappointed. We used to have a 2018 Limited and liked it better overall. We also have issues with the entertainment electronics (aka radio) that the Ford service techs haven't figured out yet.

You have got to be kidding... Why would Ford not include a glove box light in their 2021 'build'? Is this another "better idea"? We have the 2021 "King Ranch" edition and frankly we are disappointed. We used to have a 2018 Limited and liked it better overall. We also have issues with the entertainment electronics (aka radio) that the Ford service techs haven't figured out yet.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Perhaps this will help if you are a DIY'er. Adding OEM Glove Box Light

Peter

The glove box was a double standard as the over head map light shines directly into the glove box.
I have basically the same setup but while the map light does illuminate the open lid, it does not shine into the glove box. BTW, I still have the light in the glove box and it does a much better job than the map light.

Peter

Back