Missing Part? Hood insulation pad | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part? Hood insulation pad

Like i have said before. Ford was rushing to get the Explorer out and at the same time they had a whole new assembly plant. I say complete nr=ew plant. Go to youtube and see it.

for having the X out almost a year it is pretty ridiculous they still have issues this far from launch :/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I concur.

where did ford say they would pay for that at no charge? I have only seen people request dealers get the part and some have been successful others not...
There are several posts where dealers installed the missing parts at no cost. In order to do that, they must get approval from Ford to cover their expenses. Also, I believe that some posts actually mentioned that Ford approved it.

Peter

There are several posts where dealers installed the missing parts at no cost. In order to do that, they must get approval from Ford to cover their expenses. Also, I believe that some posts actually mentioned that Ford approved it.

Peter

I think the majority of those were ST’s which is easier to swing since the cost, where the xlt looks like may actually be missing half the stuff and if compared to another on the lot it’s hit or miss :/

It doesn't matter which trim level. If a part is missing that should have been there, it should be repaired/fixed free of charge. I don't believe I've read a post where such a request has been denied. Some owners just didn't bother with going through the dealership.

Peter

My dealer told me yesterday that NO XLT's had hood insulation; they even offered to let me go around the lot and look at them to verify; I declined but I'm not happy

My dealer told me yesterday that NO XLT's had hood insulation; they even offered to let me go around the lot and look at them to verify; I declined but I'm not happy
I would have done it. I will still fight it. Call Ford directly and fight it...

I know; I will give ford a call today

I know; I will give ford a call today
Good luck with that. If in fact it isn't supposed to be there, I doubt Ford will do anything about it since it really isn't a 'missing' part.
Won't hurt to try though.

Peter

Good luck with that. If in fact it isn't supposed to be there, I doubt Ford will do anything about it since it really isn't a 'missing' part.
Won't hurt to try though.

Peter
That is why i would have taken the dealers offer to look at all other XLT on the lot to make sure they did or did not have it and take picture if they did with vin number. That is what i did when i learned that i was missing the Deflector.

good idea; I might just do that tomorrow when I pick up our XLT; it's in the shop to paint an area that never got any---the hatch

Post 13.

I’m dumb and was thinking it was only a single insulator missing. Nothing on the hood is crazy.

Any pictures of the under hood insulation? Ty

Here's a picture on my ST. I would think it should be the same on all trim levels.
20200422_112150.jpg

Did you get yours back from the shop Mike?

ford says it should have the blanket--dealer says it shouldn't

ford says it should have the blanket--dealer says it shouldn't
Ford is the ultimate authority. Do you have anything from Ford to confirm it? The dealer won't order and install it unless authorized by Ford.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so, I talked to the parts department at my dealer and they said they checked the VIN and it said the XLT did NOT have a blanket---totally opposite of what Ford told me; so I went to the owner and told him the issue-----he immediately called the service department had told them "put it on"---the great thing about a small town dealer!

Back