Missing Part? Hood insulation pad | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part? Hood insulation pad

northvibe

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
My XLT did not come with a hood insulation pad. I only checked after driving it yesterday, I noticed the engine noise was crazy loud. Opened the hood and realized there was no hood insulation pad. I see on higher trims there is some noise cancelation and probably some firewall insulation.

Does the hood insulation pad come on certain trims? I'm about to order it and install to see if it helps with noise and just curious if anyone else with a 2.3L that had the hood pad have a very noisy engine noise when driving.

Hood insulation pad:
LB5Z-16738-A

insulation pad retainer clips
-W705002-S300

Not sure on how many clips are needed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it is supposed to be there it should NOT be up to you to buy and install it. Go to the dealer and have them check into it or have a look at similar Explorers on the lot. Your vehicle is under warranty.

Peter

10 x W705002-S300 clips are needed. Found via autoweek picture. On order...

2020-ford-explorer-platinum-6.jpg

This should have been looked after by the dealer.

This should have been looked after by the dealer.

Just like the rear deflector, I've seen them with and without. Unless I get clarification on the build sheet that it was on my car, not much I can do except complain to a dealer that may or may not get the part. Is there a part by part build sheet for a vin?

Just like the rear deflector, I've seen them with and without. Unless I get clarification on the build sheet that it was on my car, not much I can do except complain to a dealer that may or may not get the part. Is there a part by part build sheet for a vin?
I know that at one time when you could just enter your VIN into ETIS it did have such a list for your vehicle. Since those days it has changed a little and I have bothered to check.

Peter

All the parts are in. Everyone else with random missing parts are order will probably see them soon....maybe

There’s also the option of going with an audio sound deadening material. Probably works better, and you can get in many types of shapes and sizes and could easily be worked onto any of the firewall that’s exposed. Typically covering the doors with this makes a surprising difference, I’m assuming it’d make even more on the hood and firewall.

There’s also the option of going with an audio sound deadening material............................................
But is that material flame retardant for use in the engine bay?

Peter

I have it on mine. I'm still waiting on the insulator. But with covid19 its all been dalyed

Benny just ordered my rear deflector for me with all the misc. attachment parts. Buy from a forum vendor first is my preference. They support the forum. Still trying to find the post with the picture of the insulator for the left shock tower so I can forward it to him.

Here it is Mikey.

Attachments

• 20200324_152957.jpg
    20200324_152957.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 228

Thank you. Now, Benny needs the vehicle serial # if it is known. Thank you,
Mike
Question, What does the insulator does really ? And i wonder why only one side has it. And can you get it for me as well ? Thank you.

Thank you northvibe. I couldn't find it. Maybe smoke or peter could set up a single "Missing parts from the factory" sub thread. That might cut down the double posting. Just an idea.

Thank you northvibe. I couldn't find it. Maybe smoke or peter could set up a single "Missing parts from the factory" sub thread. That might cut down the double posting. Just an idea.

ya! probably be good to have a sticky of missing parts, with links to each thread. Man never thought one vehicle would be missing so many even 1 yr into manufacturing.

You can use the Forum's 'Search' feature to find what you are looking for. If you search on keywords "Missing Part" you will find all the threads containing those words. If you limit the search to 'Search titles only' you will find that there are 6 of them. I changed all those thread titles so that they begin with those two words. Just click on 'Search', then 'Advanced Search' and then select 'Threads' on the next page. Enter keywords and scroll down 'Search in forum' and select the forum you want to search. If you are unsure, select the main 6th gen forum and then scroll down and check 'Display results in threads' and click 'Search'. The problem is that not enough members use this handy feature, especially before starting a new thread. Hope that helps.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sadly the search system doesn't work it seems when in a specific thread. I may be doing something wrong. OTOH,
hat.jpg

:rofl:

Back