Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector

All done. As expected the service advisor just shrugged his shoulders and didn’t know much. He also wasn’t very surprised and said they are seeing it a lot.

Other assembly issues have also been seen by them, such as a white Explorer with 3 white door handles and 1 red.

Attachments

• 9A99CFBD-B639-44D8-B691-16C2BC4F8FAC.jpeg
    9A99CFBD-B639-44D8-B691-16C2BC4F8FAC.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 120

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The more I think about this and as loyal as I am to Ford, this is some unprofessional, ghetto, third world crap to knowingly sell a brand new vehicle at any price missing so many parts. Do we get away with missing payments??? I take that back. I don't think this would fly in the third world! They would overreact and throw people in jail.

I agree with this statement. Obviously the parts aren't critical, and I could understand a parts shortage resulting in vehicles being delivered without them; but it is completely unacceptable for Ford to not note that on delivery and schedule installation at a later date. The customer shouldn't have to figure out what parts aren't on their new car.

All done. As expected the service advisor just shrugged his shoulders and didn’t know much. He also wasn’t very surprised and said they are seeing it a lot.

Other assembly issues have also been seen by them, such as a white Explorer with 3 white door handles and 1 red.
I think that if it was all door handles that were red, it may even look good.😊

Peter

Been working with my amazing dealer on the missing air deflector issue. This was apparently a running change in assembly, maybe a supply issue or? XLT & Limited trims should have gotten the deflector beginning 5/19 production. Platinum & ST weren't supposed to get the deflector til 8/19 builds - which partially accounts for the discrepancies noted in those posting dealer stock inspection results. No guarantee it will be there even when it's supposed to be. My vin bom showed the deflector as being installed (10/19 build), but it's not there. Dealer getting it for me.

I thought I had answered this but perhaps I didn't hit the post button. In going through just 5 of the 12 pages on the subject thread, I found 19 ST, 1 Limited and 4 Platinums that were missing the defector.

Peter
Mine is missing. My servicing dealer graciously ordered it along with the missing tow eye. Interesting tidbit. There are no replacement tow eyes in any of the parts depots nationwide. My guess is that those available are going to the PIU vehicles.

My dealer told me that this rear air deflector will cause heat on the ST and Platinum models with four exhaust pipes. This deflector is probably made for an XLT model.

My dealer told me that this rear air deflector will cause heat on the ST and Platinum models with four exhaust pipes. This deflector is probably made for an XLT model.
Tell your dealer to do his home work. These dealers just come up with these crazy stories. I would rather they say i'll look into it than to BS...

thats part is the problem. It’s been proven they’ve been on all models and not been on all models. I don’t have one on my xlt, went to order and it’s on national backorder. seems like all missing parts are back ordered

Tell your dealer to do his home work. These dealers just come up with these crazy stories. I would rather they say i'll look into it than to BS...
My dealer looked into it and came back and said FORD SCREWED UP... I have it on mine and the tow hook and when this Corona stuff goes away if it ever does ill have the other missing part that goes over the ..strut mount

My dealer looked into it and came back and said FORD SCREWED UP... I have it on mine and the tow hook and when this Corona stuff goes away if it ever does ill have the other missing part that goes over the ..strut mount
Exact same thing my dealership said. Ford screwed up and they know it. It amazes me at how quick some are to accept the lie that it shouldn’t be on certain trims.

Exact same thing my dealership said. Ford screwed up and they know it. It amazes me at how quick some are to accept the lie that it shouldn’t be on certain trims.

service departments don't want to fess up or know, and as a consumer not sure we have a way to prove if all the others on the lot are spotty with parts. If I had a BOM, then it wouldn't be bad...I thought buying a late build would of gotten past this bs....I have been proven wrong.

My Aviator has the 4 exhaust pipes and the deflector. I'm more convinced now that all trims are supposed to have this deflector.

Peter

My Aviator has the 4 exhaust pipes and the deflector. I'm more convinced now that all trims are supposed to have this deflector.

Peter
If we look at the Land rover and the Range Rover which at one time we're owned by Ford. They have the Deflector in-between exhaust pipes. I know this is and Aviator / Explorer Forum, But both of these Vehicles design come from the Rover engineers.

The one I saw yesterday was in fact on an XLT. OTOH, I agree with the other poster, your dealer is a bs artist. It is supposed to be there plain and simple.

Nailed it. After push back from two local dealers, I simply bought it from our forum vendor Benny @ Levittown Ford. God bless him, he even sourced it with all the attachment hardware so I can take it to my local muffler shop for installation. Their labor rate is $35.00 hr. :D Dealer is $125 ......... Gah !

Benny is also trying to find the shock tower cover based on the pictures I sent him that were posted earler.

This is the same with my ST and my dealership. Ford messed up.
Ford didn’t mess up. They almost certainly left them off due to supply chain issues.

What I find confusing in this whole matter is that, according to posts, dealers are supposedly checking part lists by VIN on the ST and coming up with different answers.:confused:

Peter
Dealers lie.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And that in my book is a mess up.
It was an intentional calculated call. Most people won’t ever notice, and it won’t really cost them much. It wasn’t like they just didn’t get out on. If you want to be fast and loose with it I’d call the entire vehicle a mess.

Back