Missing Part? - Strut Tower Insulator | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part? - Strut Tower Insulator

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ahh.. so a 1995-2002 continental strut rod insulator will fit a 2020 explorer. Thanks for confirming.
I think he got the part number incorrect and it’s only for the Continental.

Here is a picture of it installed. Just had it done today.
20200324_152957.jpg

Looks like a Pig Mat.

Here is a picture of it installed. Just had it done today.View attachment 179570

What is it good for? It looks like it is going to keep hot air inside the hood with much less space to breathe. It might not be designed for the ST model. Maybe XLT or Limited. I will check with my dealer.

It takes up very little space.

I am just curious of the purpose of this mat? I understand the purpose of the rear defuser that was missing but this part I’m not sure of. It looks like it would hold dirt and moisture behind it.

Here is a picture of it installed. Just had it done today.View attachment 179570

Not sure of the reason for it unless it is to keep heat away from the strut.
It would be easy to remove it a person did not want it.

My guess is it’s there to block out tire and road noise to further reenforce you are driving a luxury mode.

My guess is it’s there to block out tire and road noise to further reenforce you are driving a luxury mode.
Could be, but it is only used on the driver's side.

Peter

Passenger side coming in 2021......

you need to select the year and make after clicking links and the parts will show up.
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /images/section-images/F036984201.svg on this server."

That is it. Benny ordered mine along with the three push pins. The insulator is on backorder which figures. Guess I'll put the baggie with the push pins in the front console compartment so I don't loose them.

What is it good for? It looks like it is going to keep hot air inside the hood with much less space to breathe. It might not be designed for the ST model. Maybe XLT or Limited. I will check with my dealer.
Deadens rebound noise/vibration according to the svc mgr. Again, he has seen it on some but not all Explorers. It is not model specific according to Levittown Ford.

Looks like a Pig Mat.
Same material as the fender liners and the elusive rear shield. It is a composite of some sort designed to eliminate or reduce the volume of unwanted noise into the passenger cabin.

You were extremely lucky. I was just notified by Benny that it is on national back order. Now I'm going to have to figure out how not to lose the push pins. My rollaway is like a massive sinkhole for small parts. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You were extremely lucky. I was just notified by Benny that it is on national back order. Now I'm going to have to figure out how not to lose the push pins. My rollaway is like a massive sinkhole for small parts. :)

Well thanks to this forum, I was able to get my salesman to take care of all 3 missing parts before I wrote the check.
And since every thing has been getting shut down, parts are going to take longer to get.

When you do get it, it is very much like the hood insulation material. Not much to it.

Back