Missing Part? - Strut Tower Insulator | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part? - Strut Tower Insulator

Here's the push pin part #: W709571-S300 1X. They are not included with the insulator and have to be ordered separately.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Parts for install:

1 x L1MZ-3C078-A
3 x W714040-S300

Attachments

• IMG_9110.jpeg
    IMG_9110.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_9109.jpeg
    IMG_9109.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 205

I just went to check my Aviator to see what it had there and found this. One on each side.

Peter

View attachment 178211

View attachment 178212
My '21 LTD is missing the Strut Insulator which does not cover the top side of the wheelwell liner. Even if the insulator were installed, the look is "unfinished". Was it confirmed if the Aviator plastic covers shown in above attachments/earler post are a direct fit to an '20 or '21 Explorer?
BTW, I'm also missing the Rear Air Deflector and my build date is 3/21.

I’ve noticed this part on some video reviews about the ST, and others are missing it.

It’s listed as an “insulator” and covers the drivers side strut tower. I honestly can’t see any purpose to this other than maybe sound absorption.

Engine Compartment Insulator | FordUS

Insulator Part#: 3C078
Usages: LH Only, 05/06/2019, Explorer 2020-

My Nov 19 built ST is missing this part, along with rear air deflector.

View attachment 178197

View attachment 178198
I had my dealer order and install it for me. Didn't notice any difference with it on. Except for my satisfaction of having it.

.............................. Was it confirmed if the Aviator plastic covers shown in above attachments/earler post are a direct fit to an '20 or '21 Explorer?
see post #15.

Would you know the part numbers for the LH and RH side engine compartment covers? I believe these are on your Lincoln Avaitor.
Thanks.
What vehicle did you want to install them on? You show a Mercedes and John Deere.

Peter

Back