Missing RDS Info on 4 Quadrant View | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing RDS Info on 4 Quadrant View

Graham_Explorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer Ltd 2011
Hi,

I have a 2011 Ford Explorer Limited with Sony/NAV. I am running the latest 3.6.2 load and I am having an issue with the Radio Station Text being displayed when in the main view.

If I select the dedicated bottom left "Entertainment" view then the radio station information shows perfectly. However, if I go back to the 4 Quadrant main view then I see no RDS text.

Anybody have any idea why. Otherwise the system is working well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For plain am/fm, I see only the station ID #s on the buttons in 4 quad view.
Call letters or anything else do not display.

In Sirius I do see the station name in 4 quad view on the buttons.

(Buttons also work in this view-they're small but work fine.)

Hi guys,

I just want to jump in and confirm that your systems are working as intended. The RDS information will only show for AM/FM when you are on the Entertainment screen. Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

See that is strange...I get RDS info on mine in the home screen running 3.6.2

As do i....

I also get the station ID when in the home screen. With SIRIUS it displays the actual song titles and artist.

Peter

Attachments

• P4150320_001.JPG
    P4150320_001.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 377
  • P4150321_001.JPG
    P4150321_001.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 379

I also get the station ID when in the home screen. With SIRIUS it displays the actual song titles and artist.

Peter

But when you are on 98.5 as displayed and in the Radio Screen you get RDS?

But when you are on 98.5 as displayed and in the Radio Screen you get RDS?
Haven't checked that. Okay Jason, just checked and here is what I see.

Peter

Attachments

• P4240325_001.JPG
    P4240325_001.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 362
  • P4240326_001.JPG
    P4240326_001.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 369

Haven't checked that.

Some stations don't broadcast RDS not to mention you must have RDS turned on in the radio settings.

Some stations don't broadcast RDS not to mention you must have RDS turned on in the radio settings.
I updated my previous post.

Peter

Peter if you are sure you are not getting RDS info displayed when on the home page PM me your VIN I want to run your as built data for the APIM through a test unit I have here and see if that is what is causing it.

I put Peter's as built data in mine and it had no effect. I still get RDS info on the home screen.

I put Peter's as built data in mine and it had no effect. I still get RDS info on the home screen.

this thing actually keeps me puzzling for years. I have Focus and Explorer both with MFT and both 12MY. Ex does show RDS on home and entartainment screens, but Focus doesnt, it only shows RDS on entarntainment screen in that small window above frequency. I' m guessing why? I remember checking a new Focus in show room (a year later after I bought Focus) and RDS in that one was everywhere just like on Ex. Ford is not consistent...

JMR061, can you add NAV to my Focus?

another thing with HD radio button, I see on Peter's images his car has it.
Again, mine Focus has HD radio, but Explorer doesnt! Asking dealer brought me to nowhere, most of the times I know more about Ford cars than dealer, lol.

this thing actually keeps me puzzling for years. I have Focus and Explorer both with MFT and both 12MY. Ex does show RDS on home and entartainment screens, but Focus doesnt, it only shows RDS on entarntainment screen in that small window above frequency. I' m guessing why? I remember checking a new Focus in show room (a year later after I bought Focus) and RDS in that one was everywhere just like on Ex. Ford is not consistent...

JMR061, can you add NAV to my Focus?

Yes I can add Nav to a focus.

I will try peters as built data for the ACM as well and see if that makes a difference. Though the programming may be different for those to begin with so that may not be a good test.

Is it still same price as listed on the web?

Since this is about RDS I will take it to PM. Since you are a forum member I can cut a little bit of a break.

I think I have figured out the RDS mystery by swapping out APIM unit from Focus into Explorer and vice versa, what I found was that this problem is not APIM related, but rather ACM (CD-Radio module), because what I got was RDS info on main screen on Focus's APIM installed into Explorer and NO RDS on main screen (as well as on Entartainment screen) on Explorer's APIM installed into Focus.
Just a remainder I do have RDS info in my Explorer on both Main and Ent screens, but those are missing in my Focus.

And Yes, may be I'm still wrong and its something else, :)

What I want to know is how does Peter have HD Radio with a Canadian build?....mine with v3.7 doesnt have that

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wh.at I want to know is how does Peter have HD Radio with a Canadian build?....mine with v3.7 doesnt have that

Do you have the Sony sound system?

Back