• Register Today It's free!

Mix and match 2" Lift

jermiah

Reaction score
City, State
KC MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Navajo Lx
I have a 1993 Navajo, last fall I bought a used 2" lift off of ebay it came with James Duff 2.5" lift springs and shocks and Tuff country 2" Axle Pivot drop brackets (Part# R2AP). I started putting it on last weekend and got the front done, but noticed the Radius Arms bushings don't sit flush with the brackets anymore. The tuff country axle drops have an adjustment for camber but I don't think this will help the radius arms. I guess my question is does anyone think this thing will align right without some radius arm drops or extended radius arms? Anyone with experience with this lift setup please enlighten me, don't want to waste money for the alignment shop to tell me it won't align. Also if Radius drops are required does anyone know of a source to buy them seperate from the rest of the lift kit, I have heard that Duff won't do it. Thanx in advance for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Send a PM to BMOTOX he may still have his Duff radius arm drops?,I think MAJORLAG may also have some for sell if I remember right.

Thanks

Thanks, I did PM BMOTOX and have not received a reply yet, I will try MAJORLAG as well.
jrgaylor said:
Send a PM to BMOTOX he may still have his Duff radius arm drops?,I think MAJORLAG may also have some for sell if I remember right.

So to get this straight, you just need radius arm drops? I wonder if you could call up one of the manufactures like James Duff for 2.5" lift or Rancho for 2.5" lift and maybe you could just purchase the radius arm drop brackets? Just a thought. :)

Joey p. said:
So to get this straight, you just need radius arm drops? I wonder if you could call up one of the manufactures like James Duff for 2.5" lift or Rancho for 2.5" lift and maybe you could just purchase the radius arm drop brackets? Just a thought. :)

From what i remember James Duff will not sell individual items of the Lift Kit unless you originaly bought a kit from them and need a replacement part...

-Caleb

The rancho 2.5" lift comes with extended radius arms, duff will not sell their lift parts seprate.
this is a link a site that sells drops for a 4"lift, which could work if you put f-150 spacers in the front with the JD springs and did a SOA in the rear.
buying a "*******" lift kit is never a good idea unless you really know what you are doing.

Thanks for the replies, I didn't realize that this was a pieced together lift until I went to put it on last weekend. I had already had it sitting in my garage for about 6 months so it was too late to ask for a refund. But I think if I can talk someone out of their JD Radius arm brackets everything will be ok. I'm still not sure what not having them on there will hurt other than I think it would limit the amount of lift or travel I can get in the front. This thing has been a ***** btw, did it all without any help and while I was in there decided to finish replacing all my rubber bushings with the Energy Suspension kit I got a year ago. Gonna go finish the rear shocks now, had to take a break should ride a lot better (truck has 200k on it) when I get done. Can't wait :bounce:

Back