Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectAviator

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
SE, WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT,
IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING MOAB '09 RUN

The Moab Blm has implemented several new regulations regarding "organized" events in the area. In order to hold an "organized" event you have to apply for a permit, get insurance, collect money for every persons on every trail, etc... It all adds up to big money. To prevent us from having to make our annual trek to Moab a money pit for everyone involved we can no longer consider this an "open invitation" event.

As of today 1-14-09 the 2009 EF Moab run will be limited to the first 25 vehicles registered. Only EF members and their immediate families are invited to come. If your buddy wants to join you, he's more than welcome to come to Moab, he just can not participate in our run. The same can be said for anyone here that wants to come and doesn't make it in under the cut off number. We can't stop you from enjoying your vacation in Moab, we just can't include you in the event.

If you are serious about attending get your spot early, if you are thinking about going, post up. I will keep an updated list of who has confirmed and who is on the possible list. Once the 25 spots are filled we can no longer accept any more. If you are on the list and have to cancel please PM mrboyle as soon as possible, so the next person in line can be given the opportunity to come.

One final rule we must follow: since this is going to be a "non-organized" gathering of friends and family there will be no discussion as to the agenda prior to the run. We will still have a group dinner Saturday night at the Branding Iron at 7pm (bring cash for your dinners) but other than that all runs will be decided at City Market the morning of the run.

Please follow the rules posted above!

Now that that is out of the way let's carry on with our regularly scheduled event:

MOAB 2009 EF RUN, May 30-31

Confirmed attendees:
1. mrboyle (1)
2. hvac man (3)
3. Dannyboy
4. Diff Whack Daddy (3)
5. MoabB2 (5)
6. Joey Jarhead (1)
7. FAKRWEE (2)
8. Paul (1)
9. Crawlin91 (2)
10. Brian1
11. RFR2212 (2)
12. 90ranajo
13. J**P Gary
14. Offroader 69 me (3)
15. Rick (2)

Maybes:
Me /ProjectAviator( just waiting on acceptance of days off)
FROADER
Stic-o
mounty71
cybergasm
turboranger91
BKennedy
Brother of Jefe

I will update as people confirm. Please also let me know if you are planning to attend the group dinner and how many are in your party.

Thank you.
Tim and MikeBoyle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds good:D I'm going to sit back and listen to what you guys want to do.

Put me down as interested:thumbsup:

Any dates in mind??

Any dates in mind??

July sounds good :D

Just joking. May would work well for us. That way we can go visit Tracy's grandma in grand junction as well.

I'm interested. In the next 2 weeks I should be getting our vacation book and would like to take time off if I can get the week. It'd be an 8 day whirlwind haul out there and back...

I would be interested in May. School ends around the 10th so anytime really.

Definitely interested. After May 23rd though, due to class final exams.

How about the weekend of May 29.

Tim

Me and my dad are going to try and make it out there next year. What dates are yall planning on going? Thanks Brandon B.

I'm deffinately down for May. I have some freinds I am going to visit in Grand Junction, CO that month as well so this should work out great for me :D

I'm deffinately down for May. I have some freinds I am going to visit in Grand Junction, CO that month as well so this should work out great for me :D

I'll be down for what ever time you guys decide. No X this time but I pick up my new Toy this Saturday.

Kevin, Matt and Tracy, while you are here if you want I'll get some of the locals together and we can do a 21rd. and/or Billings Cannyon run.

WHAT?! A new toy??

Not sure if I'm gonna be able to make Moab this year...right in the middle of pilot training. But I'm going to keep an eye on this thread just in case.

WHAT?! A new toy??

Not sure if I'm gonna be able to make Moab this year...right in the middle of pilot training. But I'm going to keep an eye on this thread just in case.

Yea, a new Toy! I'll post more this weekend after I pick it up. If you're still in pilot training you can always give us a good ole USAF flyby! :usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll be down for what ever time you guys decide. No X this time but I pick up my new Toy this Saturday.

Kevin, Matt and Tracy, while you are here if you want I'll get some of the locals together and we can do a 21rd. and/or Billings Cannyon run.

I would be up for one or both of the trails. We will see what happen when the time gets closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back