Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post) | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I don't have doors, but the ones I do have use stock door handles and latches.
Posted via Mobile Device

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am out for this year to Damn it, :mad: I ordered new master bearing set from a vender on here to rebuild my D35 said it would be here Thursday well it never showed so I am out, I needed this long weekend to finish it. Work will be wicked swamped on Tuesday thru Thursday so no time to get it done. Take me off the list if you would and I'll have it done and ready for the CCR09 run :salute: Happy wheelin and post pics when you get back! :D

I know I don't have doors, but the ones I do have use stock door handles and latches.
Posted via Mobile Device
That made no sense at all???????:p::rolleyes::crazy::dunno::dunno::dunno::scratch::scratch:

I'm gonna be on the road in less than an hour. I will see you in Moab and I should have some early driving shots as I get some wi-fi action.
Safe trip to all!

see you there early thursday!

300 miles down, 800 more to go!
Posted via Mobile Device

Someone please be sure to remind me to do the door prizes on Saturday night after dinner!! I have been forgetting to do that at the last few runs:confused:

Oh, one other thing... In the past we have always been asked to pay cash for dinner at the Branding Iron. I assume it's the same this year unless Mike worked something else out.

See ya soon!!:bounce:

600 miles down. 780 to go. oh and the eisenhauer and vail passes...
Posted via Mobile Device

DAMN TRAILER BRAKES!!!:rant: Went to leave the house this morning at 5:30 am to park it at my buddies house closer to work and wouldn't you know it, I have intermottent trailer brakes. I know where the probelm is, but I am going to have to spend precious road time putting new connectors on the wiring this afternoon. Oh well, on the good side, work is slow so I should get out of here early today, and by the time I get the brakes working again, Seattle traffic should be cleared up.

Oh come on, that Powerstroker doesn't need brakes to stop that Explorer...well, I'm sure with that big heavy camper on the back it makes things interesting.

Before you get all crazy with wiring gremlins, try what Firezapper told me to do on my truck with the built in commander. Push the 7 round connector in all the way then back it out a bit, he was having similar issues with it shorting out the brakes.

That and pop the cap off the 7 round plug on the trailer and make sure there isn't a strand of copper that is hanging off a connector that may be grounding out another pin.

I already tried all those tricks. My brake controller didn't even recognize there was a trailer until I juglle the wiring harness back by the trailer axle. All 4 of my ground wires for the trailer wheels are all spliced together at a single point. I've had this problem before. It will only take me about 20 minutes to fix. I am just *****ing.

And yes, if it was just the trailer, I wouldn't worry about it, but the added 3000 lbs of the camper makes for extremely hard pedal pressure. I'll spend the 20 minutes and keep my front rotors from warping in the mountains.

DAMN TRAILER BRAKES!!!:rant: Went to leave the house this morning at 5:30 am to park it at my buddies house closer to work and wouldn't you know it, I have intermottent trailer brakes. I know where the probelm is, but I am going to have to spend precious road time putting new connectors on the wiring this afternoon. Oh well, on the good side, work is slow so I should get out of here early today, and by the time I get the brakes working again, Seattle traffic should be cleared up.

amen to that just got done working through lunch on my buddy's trailer that only had left side brakes, but she works now, gonna leave tomorrow night, stay in Durango maybe, any one give me a call 7199890796, should be in MOAB! midday thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Electric trailer brakes suck:( I have had more problems with them than I can count.:rolleyes: Best of luck getting it fixed up Kevin.

We has arrived!
Posted via Mobile Device

trailer brakes fixed. on the road.

Uhhh ohhhhh. DAMN TURBO BOOST TUBE BOOTS!!!! Show, you are no longer allowed to make modifcation comments arround my truck. it popped off about 60 miles out of Seattle pushing about 29psi. i got it back on and put a second hose clamp on, one on each side of the nubby. it's held for 120 miles now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh, one other thing... In the past we have always been asked to pay cash for dinner at the Branding Iron. I assume it's the same this year unless Mike worked something else out.

See ya soon!!:bounce:

Dinner will be a cash deal again. Not 100% sure on the price as they never sent me the menu like they said they would. I know last year was $21.00. See everyone Thursday afternoon/evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back